• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Defensive Coordinator Search

Barclay wasn't retained by the new coach. He was actually replaced by the new coach's dad.

Barclay appears to be in limbo right now, but his resume should get him hired as in his first year as WKU's RB coach (he came over from Marshall), their lead back, Anthony Wales had a breakout year with 1600+ yards 27 TDs.

Barclay appears to be in limbo right now, but his resume should get him hired as in his first year as WKU's RB coach (he came over from Marshall), their lead back, Anthony Wales had a breakout year with 1600+ yards 27 TDs.

At Marshall, he coached a converted TE to 1767 yards and 17 TDs.

After glancing at Purdue's new staff, it looks like Brohm brought over everybody except Barclay and he doesn't have anybody with RB coach experience (no specific roles have been assigned).

Barclay finally got to go back home and coach and it only lasted one season. I feel bad for him, but I'm sure he'll land on his feet.

After glancing at Purdue's new staff, it looks like Brohm brought over everybody except Barclay and he doesn't have anybody with RB coach experience (no specific roles have been assigned).

Barclay finally got to go back home and coach and it only lasted one season. I feel bad for him, but I'm sure he'll land on his feet.

Purdue probably blocked a Barclay hire, once they remembered the 3 td game he had in 2002 against them.

Which is really interesting given the running back numbers he coached this year at WKU. As I now see Pilchard pointed out above.

I wonder what Clawson thinks about maybe bringing one of the family back into the fold? ;)

Interesting. One year as a DC but plenty of Special Teams experience.

THE SAWVEL FILE Coaching Experience
2016-present: Minnesota - Defensive Coordinator
2011-15: Minnesota - Defensive Backs/Special Teams
2008-10: Northern Illinois - Defensive Backs/Special Teams
2001-07: Southern Illinois - Defensive Backs/Special Teams
1999-00: Ferris State - Defensive Backs/Special Teams
1996-99: Notre Dame - Graduate Assistant
1994-95: Eastern Kentucky - Graduate Assistant

Purdue is the Big Ten school. Not sure who the other ACC school is. Saw someone refer to him as an "elite recruiter".

Seems to be the opposite of Robb Smith in terms of fanbase's reaction to him leaving.

I don't know anything about this, but I'd have a tough time seeing a guy with a background in Illinois and Minnesota choosing Wake over the Big Ten for the same position.

Back