• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chat Thread lame titles. Owning it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

lbE08

Stegosaurus are bush league
Reaction score
819d2b0d417d405457491c701d302df2.jpg

Last edited:
Myspace was founded in 2003 and Facebook launched in 2004. Would definitely have guessed there was a much wider gap between the two.

quick question: are allowed to participate in this CT if we don't believe in science

asking for the Tunnels

i'm pretty glad Xanga rebooted itself and wiped out my younger self blog

quick question: are allowed to participate in this CT if we don't believe in science

asking for the Tunnels

Science is only a part time belief. Therefore it is irrelevant.

looks like the Women's March is already having an effect. to think, a female CT starter.

looks like the Women's March is already having an effect. to think, a female CT starter.

With regards to my boards participation:
"She was warned. She was given an explanation. Nevertheless, she persisted."

someone's going to be watching the new Bill Nye series

Quote Originally Posted by scooter84 View Post
I hope you would change your mind if you actually ever find yourself in that situation. This is really a bad take. Downs children are beautiful and loving and happy and raising one, while difficult, would be very rewarding - IMO. I don't have a downs child but my wife and daughter have both cared for many of them in their professions.
Now this is a way to spice up the end of a Chat Thread!

A feeling of personal accomplishment shouldn't be a motivating factor to bring a child into the world who is going to struggle their entire life.

Just to clarify from the last chat thread, I wasn't talking about a feeling of personal accomplishment and that is a pretty screwed up way to read what I wrote. By rewarding I meant the loving feeling of raising a happy, loving child. I just think most people misunderstand downs and equate it with much "worse" disabilities.

Just to clarify from the last chat thread, I wasn't talking about a feeling of personal accomplishment and that is a pretty screwed up way to read what I wrote. By rewarding I meant the loving feeling of raising a happy, loving child. I just think most people misunderstand downs and equate it with much "worse" disabilities.

I find this stuff fascinating since we haven't come anywhere close in the biomed field to establishing the "rules" surrounding everything in bioethics, and when it comes to genetic testing and especially GM, there are way more questions than answers.

Last edited:
i get the feeling there are more bioconservatives/humanists than posthumanists on this board.

just edited

i meant questions than answers, and i wrote answers than questions at first

whoops

basically it's complicated

i know i've talked about it before, but pops basically switched his party affiliation overnight when W outlawed stem cell research

it more or less put colleagues of his out of work just bc ppl thought studying stem cells was like, murdering children

we've come a good long ways since then but now look at china making weird chimeras and shit like the seinfeld pig man is about to be real

If this were Gattaca I would defs manipulate my unborn kid to give them all of the good genes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back