• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chat Thread lame titles. Owning it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
awkwardly making O-faces on the sidelines?
possibly related: with that guy standing behind you?

You can also have the loving feeling of raising a happy, loving child who isn't going to be saddled with a lifetime of disabilities. Why you would knowingly choose to inflict that on your child is mindboggling to me.

Bioconservatives like Leon Kass would cite "natural limitations" of human beings, any alteration of this is a dehumanizing. Fear of change, basically. Though Townie's fears of lack of diversity is interesting.

Anyone ever read Seveneves? Obviously not real life, but had a lot of discussion on need for genetic diversity, etc. And then there is a lot having to do with manipulating genetic traits in the second half of the book.

Anyone ever read Seveneves? Obviously not real life, but had a lot of discussion on need for genetic diversity, etc. And then there is a lot having to do with manipulating genetic traits in the second half of the book.

on my list

i liked some of stephenson's other stuff

You can also have the loving feeling of raising a happy, loving child who isn't going to be saddled with a lifetime of disabilities. Why you would knowingly choose to inflict that on your child is mindboggling to me.

Wow. By refraining from killing the child you did not "choose to inflict" a lifetime of disabilities on him/her. That infliction has already occurred through genetics or whatever. Instead you have chosen to raise that child and enjoy that child and help him/her enjoy life, etc. There are likely parents of downs children on this board, why don't you ask them how much joy their child has brought them and how much joy their child gets out of living every day?

There are lots of disabilities where, if found before birth, ending the pregnancy might make sense to avoid the pain and suffering the child would endure - downs is simply not one of them. Stating it that way sounds like an excuse to end a pregnancy for selfish reasons because the child will be inconveniently imperfect.

our wedding band was called E3, comprised of 3 members of this band:

You guys are just listing all the bands from my middle school mix tapes.

Wow. By refraining from killing the child you did not "choose to inflict" a lifetime of disabilities on him/her. That infliction has already occurred through genetics or whatever. Instead you have chosen to raise that child and enjoy that child and help him/her enjoy life, etc. There are likely parents of downs children on this board, why don't you ask them how much joy their child has brought them and how much joy their child gets out of living every day?

There are lots of disabilities where, if found before birth, ending the pregnancy might make sense to avoid the pain and suffering the child would endure - downs is simply not one of them. Stating it that way sounds like an excuse to end a pregnancy for selfish reasons because the child will be inconveniently imperfect.

"A baby is an inestimable blessing and bother."

True of any baby.

I'm curious of your feelings on babies that would be born with, as you put it, worse conditions.

we're trying hard to have a baby, and every month that goes by without wife getting preggo is very hard (most esp. on her). idk what we'd do if if it finally happened but the baby had some kind of condition.

I read something funny! On the internet!

Some lady fella (presumably, who knows) wrote that she puts one finger in her lady vagina and another finger in her bhole and screams "HELLO FROM THE OTHER SIDE!"

omg y'all lady fellas have to try this at home for your special man friends!

omg we made butternut squah red curry last night and as good as it was last nigth the leftovers are even better. NOM NOM NOM

literally every time i am about to make sweet, sweet love to my wife i say "i aint got no kids yet, so this right here for practice."

literally every time i am about to make sweet, sweet love to my wife i say "i aint got no kids yet, so this right here for practice."

she must feel so incredibly special and attracted to you in that moment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back