• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chat Thread lame titles. Owning it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
That does seem cool (had forgotten about it).

Also realize I said 4 and 7.5 years instead of 4 years and 7.5 months. Big difference from a planning perspective. Ha.

Was raising my eyebrows over all the breastfeeding talk

"Career-driven, Capricorn professor seeking a bright Xenon Ion Laser who enjoys late nights in the lab, intense focus and the magic of one-sided conversations. Love hertz, and even though I’ve been burned before, I’m ready to get back in the game for the sake of science! Open to all colors and temperatures, not interested in playing tag.

When it comes to pairing faculty with the resources they need to innovate, the hardest working fund in the forest loves to play matchmaker. Can you find room in your heart to show the Wake Forest Fund a little love by Feb. 14?

You are, without a doubt, the wind beneath our wings."

Recent email from the Wake Forest Fund. What.is.that

Someone got drunk and started writing copy. Only explanation.

"Career-driven, Capricorn professor seeking a bright Xenon Ion Laser who enjoys late nights in the lab, intense focus and the magic of one-sided conversations. Love hertz, and even though I’ve been burned before, I’m ready to get back in the game for the sake of science! Open to all colors and temperatures, not interested in playing tag.

When it comes to pairing faculty with the resources they need to innovate, the hardest working fund in the forest loves to play matchmaker. Can you find room in your heart to show the Wake Forest Fund a little love by Feb. 14?

You are, without a doubt, the wind beneath our wings."

Recent email from the Wake Forest Fund. What.is.that

I'm also a big fan of science puns and hertz car rentals

What is "By Women who have Overcome"

Actually ya know what, don't even tell me.

Wow. By refraining from killing the child you did not "choose to inflict" a lifetime of disabilities on him/her. That infliction has already occurred through genetics or whatever. Instead you have chosen to raise that child and enjoy that child and help him/her enjoy life, etc. There are likely parents of downs children on this board, why don't you ask them how much joy their child has brought them and how much joy their child gets out of living every day?

There are lots of disabilities where, if found before birth, ending the pregnancy might make sense to avoid the pain and suffering the child would endure - downs is simply not one of them. Stating it that way sounds like an excuse to end a pregnancy for selfish reasons because the child will be inconveniently imperfect.

How much joy would you have in life if you struggled to communicate every single day, had major physical disabilites, and had no hope of ever living on your own? Would that be something you would wish on yourself, or your loved ones? And I know that's not the majority of kids with downs. But there's no way to tell how impaired a child will be.

Right after you realized ya couldn't get married for like another 2 years?

No, after changing personal budget calculations for my raise and filing my taxes (refund get at me).

I should have bought it a while ago, but the sudden windfall - if you can call it that - has the purse strings feeling a bit loose. Between this and the lularoe tights ($26!!) it's been a high roller month for me.

What is "By Women who have Overcome"

Actually ya know what, don't even tell me.

it's actually a pretty sweet business model for creating sustainable opportunities in critical areas... but if you want to remain uninformed and likely hold an incorrect opinion of it, go right ahead.

No, after changing personal budget calculations for my raise and filing my taxes (refund get at me).

I should have bought it a while ago, but the sudden windfall - if you can call it that - has the purse strings feeling a bit loose. Between this and the lularoe tights ($26!!) it's been a high roller month for me.

So all it took was an accountant to look at your numbers and you woulda bought the purse a year ago? Hellllllooo?

What's done is done.

What's done is done.

Might be obvious, might not be, but if your refund is over a certain dollar amount (around a grand or higher), you can just tell your HR to add an exemption and get another $100 a month in your paycheck rather than giving an interest free loan to the government for a year.

Might be obvious, might not be, but if your refund is over a certain dollar amount (around a grand or higher), you can just tell your HR to add an exemption and get another $100 a month in your paycheck rather than giving an interest free loan to the government for a year.

I know my options, and I'm fine with how I've got things working right now.

I'm worried about RTQ, y'all.
raisinsheader1.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back