• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Chat Thread lame titles. Owning it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
While conversing with coworkers at lunch it came up that subway bread has the same chemical as yoga mats! The horror! So I emailed around that gawker takedown of the food babe blog. So I did my good deed for facts today.

If this were Gattaca I would defs manipulate my unborn kid to give them all of the good genes.

ignoring the ethics, there are bad externalities to lots of stuff that seems like a slam dunk

like we're reaping what we've sown with antibiotic resistance--in some cases we're back where we were 50 years ago treating stuff

if you do too much genetic modification for good traits, i'd worry about breeding out diversity that helps us with disease resistance and stuff

Sounds like your prescription is to just fuck a bunch of different people, doc.

Just to clarify from the last chat thread, I wasn't talking about a feeling of personal accomplishment and that is a pretty screwed up way to read what I wrote. By rewarding I meant the loving feeling of raising a happy, loving child. I just think most people misunderstand downs and equate it with much "worse" disabilities.

You can also have the loving feeling of raising a happy, loving child who isn't going to be saddled with a lifetime of disabilities. Why you would knowingly choose to inflict that on your child is mindboggling to me.

You can also have the loving feeling of raising a happy, loving child who isn't going to be saddled with a lifetime of disabilities. Why you would knowingly choose to inflict that on your child is mindboggling to me.

Right, a likely better question is about a disease like Huntington's, where your kid has a good chance of dying a terrible death. Is there a responsibility for parents to adopt or surrogate around it, or do you play the genetic lotto on your kid's life?

YouTube (more broadly: the internet) recommendations are great. Just went from Cake to Yeezy in a couple songs.

YouTube (more broadly: the internet) recommendations are great. Just went from Cake to Yeezy in a couple songs.

I think I mentioned on here recently, but I've been on a Cake kick lately.

my friends who got married in Reno looked into how much it would cost to get Cake to play their wedding, since they're from Sacramento. too expensive, apparently.

I'm glad that my wife and I didn't have a mentally handicapped fetus. It likely would've been the thing that would've torn our marriage apart.

Hm. Debating whether or not Cake would be a good wedding band.

my wife who is big time into singin swears the frontman of Cake isn't technically a singer. my friend (groom from my above post) and I never thought about it that way that he doesn't sing but still feel like the frontman of a band is still a singer.

my wife who is big time into singin swears the frontman of Cake isn't technically a singer. my friend (groom from my above post) and I never thought about it that way that he doesn't sing but still feel like the frontman of a band is still a singer.

"lead vocalist"

3 Doors Down playing Smash Mouth preferably

dis me at yo wedding

screen-shot-2017-01-19-at-5-04-06-pm.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back