• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Sources are saying State will fire Gott at end of year.

http://www.cbssports.com/college-ba...ations-for-nc-state-i-wouldnt-touch-that-job/

C406fRiUkAAKN47.jpg

Counterpoint, "If an idiot like Gottfried can recruit to that place and make the Sweet Sixteen, I'm winning the national championship !" That's how a lot of coaches think. Do you think Josh Pastner would have taken the NC State job over Ga Tech ? Do you think Danny Manning would have been glad to go to Raleigh over Wake ?

Thanks for sharing.

"You made it clear 11 years ago that Herb Sendek making five straight NCAA Tournaments wasn’t good enough -- proof being how you nudged him to Arizona State. And now you’ve also made it clear that Mark Gottfried going to four NCAA Tournaments in a six-year span that included two Sweet 16s isn’t good enough either. And the only coach you had in between those two coaches is Sidney Lowe, who never finished better than ninth in a 12-school ACC."

Time to cut short those Ocean City benders, and get to werk

He should take OSU if it's open. He may not even have to move. State could be a fallback if things don't work out at OSU.

If your favorite son won't even consider coming back then this coaching search should be juicy. Hopefully they hire Wes Miller or Pat Kelsey so that poster here who slurps their nutz has his allegiance tested.

gott may have fucked his wife as well or something, dude hates Gott more than any state fan

I have noticed this as well. He dislikes Gott more than he dislikes the NCSU fanbase. Going to be weird when both are working for ESPN next year.

His players seem to hate him, so I wouldn't worry so much about an ACC title.

I don't think they hate him at all. But for whatever reason, he isn't able to inspire this group to play hard. And that was his downfall.

I don't think they hate him at all. But for whatever reason, he isn't able to inspire this group to play hard. And that was his downfall.

For whatever reason = his players don't like him. You're making this more complicated than it really is.

Back