• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Sources are saying State will fire Gott at end of year.

Strattocaster

Reaction score
Losing to Wake is usually job ending

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Gottfried becomes the first ACC head on Manning's shelf. I like it.

They have certainly quit. They looked like it midway thru the first half against us. Anya's looks like he has gained 75 pounds since practice started instead of getting in better shape. That is a sure sign he has no respect for the coach [or is going out for the football team]

Leave it to NC State. Every coaching change is a total cluster fuck. Rinse. Repeat.

Didn't he get an extension last year to two years ago?
Wonder how much this is going to cost them

latest

You rang?

I just have this sense that Gottfried hates it there, and would rather be back in TV or doing just about anything else. Just his body language and things he says and the way he says them. I think he is just fine with getting fired. He has the contract, he can go back to TV which he was actually pretty good at and in a few years his record at State will actually look pretty good to potential coaching job suitors. My 2 cents? He is better off getting fired and getting out of there. That's just a miserable situation he's in, and Yow sucks to work for. He will end up better off.

Didn't he get an extension last year to two years ago?
Wonder how much this is going to cost them

Yes, he got a two year extension after State's 2012 tournament run. His contract now runs through 2017-18. State says that they aren't going to fire him. We'll see.

As much as it sucks to be a Wake fan, I will admit it is fun to be the team that is the last straw before coaches are fired

Back