• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Sources are saying State will fire Gott at end of year.

Thad Matta is only 49 and not going anywhere.

yeah but he sure as hell doesn't look it...that's always a fun bar trick. Odds he's healthy and feeling good? Plus what Townie said

Being king at Dayton has its perks, could probably parlay it with a pretty raise.

yeah but he sure as hell doesn't look it...that's always a fun bar trick. Odds he's healthy and feeling good? Plus what Townie said

Being king at Dayton has its perks, could probably parlay it with a pretty raise.

Dayton can't pay him the $2.5-3.5M that State can.

Matta is on the hot seat, rj.

Plus, the poor guy has a number of physical ailments that make it tough to even walk, from what I understand, so even if he survives this year, he may not be physically able to coach much longer.

Plus, the poor guy has a number of physical ailments that make it tough to even walk, from what I understand, so even if he survives this year, he may not be physically able to coach much longer.

damn that's really sad stuff.

Yeah, I watched an OSU game earlier this winter and was really struck by how much Matta looked like he had aged recently. Was wondering if there was something else going on.

If Archie fails at state then I think we can conclude that it's a shitty gig

Yeah, I watched an OSU game earlier this winter and was really struck by how much Matta looked like he had aged recently. Was wondering if there was something else going on.

Sold his soul to the Devil to win a first round NCAAT game in 2001.

It is that funny and that ridiculous. Archie is a State guy and will get offered about 3X his current salary and lots of perks.

Thad Matta is only 49 and not going anywhere.

Each part of what 2&2 said is hilarious and without any merit.

Wait, what? He looks to be 69. :eek:

Guess P5 coaching will do that to you.

The-Gronk.jpg

Dayton can't pay him the $2.5-3.5M that State can.

They are allegedly already paying him close to $2M...Shaka money as their president called it.

If he takes the NCSU job, it probably won't be due to the salary. Unless the pack really goes crazy and actually does pay him 3x what he's making now.

One point that is often missed is that Archie's mentor didn't exactly have a good experience coaching at State.

He also has a history of back problems. I don't think a mutual agreement would be too surprising.

And I think OSU would give Archie plenty to think about.

Tough call to be a HC at your alma mater- because as they say, all coaches are hired to be fired.

They are allegedly already paying him close to $2M...Shaka money as their president called it.

If he takes the NCSU job, it probably won't be due to the salary. Unless the pack really goes crazy and actually does pay him 3x what he's making now.

One point that is often missed is that Archie's mentor didn't exactly have a good experience coaching at State.

Somebody had posted he is making a little over $1M.

Actually, according to this, he's making $1.16M not "close to $2M". http://www.mydaytondailynews.com/news/miller-highest-paid-coach-atlantic/2f8Jru3hw6UF6JAZzehtgP/

I've found three other articles saying his base salary is around $700K with bonuses on top of that.

I would guess State would start its bidding at $2.5M.

I'm totally stunned he's only 49. I would've guessed he was almost 70.

Back