• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

BSD Article: Wake Forest Student Section

LOL. What would something like that cost? Nothing describes today's WF students better than this. The idea that they think somebody should spend tons of money to build a monorail to carry them across the street from the campus to the coliseum to watch a basketball game.

These refs suck.

Shuttles are already provided.

They are provided, but apparently fill up and there are long waits which make some students late for the game (or, for some during bad weather, they just give up and leave). They used large busses for the "big" games, like they do for football. At these games the student section was full well before tip-off. I hope in the future there would enough interest to use the busses for every game.

They are provided, but apparently fill up and there are long waits which make some students late for the game (or, for some during bad weather, they just give up and leave). They used large busses for the "big" games, like they do for football. At these games the student section was full well before tip-off. I hope in the future there would enough interest to use the busses for every game.

We had bus shuttles available back in the late 90's but I usually walked to the Joel.

which is why a monorail or a hyperloop are the two best options.

I mean, if we put the Joel where that monstrosity of a new business school is now, would anyone really care?

How difficult would it be to put an arena underground? Just dig down 100 feet below the parking lot behind Wait Chapel, have DR pay for the 7,000 person arena, have people enter via the tunnels beneath Wait Chapel, call it the Joel Mausoleum and be done with it.

All the olds can park at the Joel and walk since apparently it's not that bad of a walk.

How difficult would it be to put an arena underground? Just dig down 100 feet below the parking lot behind Wait Chapel, have DR pay for the 7,000 person arena, have people enter via the tunnels beneath Wait Chapel, call it the Joel Mausoleum and be done with it.

All the olds can park at the Joel and walk since apparently it's not that bad of a walk.

i'm so in

57088902f10b2067de9ea4534ac5c6f3.jpg

i'm so in

57088902f10b2067de9ea4534ac5c6f3.jpg

Leading up to the tip off, the entire crowd can chant "om namah shivaya" over and over again progressively louder and louder and faster and faster until by the end everyone is screaming and totally freaking out. We will win every tip !

No way DR would pay for an arena that is at least twice as big as we need. 3500 seats or less or GTFO.

Leading up to the tip off, the entire crowd can chant "om namah shivaya" over and over again progressively louder and louder and faster and faster until by the end everyone is screaming and totally freaking out. We will win every tip !

What if we had the captains stand at the jump circle staring down the opposing team, and just eat a heart during warmups? It would be great to get the heart of any animal mascots of the visiting team, but that could be too difficult. If there are rules against forcing student athletes to eat animal hearts, we could probably at least get the assistant coaches to set up a rotation. Like if you had the scout last game, you eat the heart this game. I'm sure that bearded trainer would do it every game.

f4ceda4c9bf5139dec242dc895ec1941.jpg

Plus playing in a church full of people smeared in blood would be downright medieval

If we renovate the main court in Reynolds, that would solve our stadium problems. Let there be tryouts, and the 350 most involved students (combined with the 100 biggest donors) get tickets to the game. Refuse to let the other team have water. Make them change outside in the parking lot between Kitchin and the Pit (or down by the pool).

If that doesn't give us a home court advantage, I don't know what will. Think about how low the roof is!!!!

I am super intrigued by the idea of an underground stadium. Think about how the University of Mexico has "The Pit," and it's totally famous and hosts NCAAT games, even though nobody really cares about New Mexico basketball because they're busy doing peyote and talking to cactuses and being extras in Better Call Saul, simply because that stadium is slightly underground. It's not even fully underground like ours would be.

Nope, we put this puppy waaaaaay underground, like a couple of hundred feet, accessible by tunnels and, for the purposes of ADA accessibility and also for the kitsch factor, those little minecarts that they use in Temple of Doom (another TOD reference !). You're telling me we don't instantly have the most famous arena in college basketball?

Consistent the whole death and Satan theme too that we've decided upon, we call it the Catacombs, and we line the whole thing with bones and skulls and stuff.

historic-underground-catacombs-paris.jpg

If we renovate the main court in Reynolds, that would solve our stadium problems. Let there be tryouts, and the 350 most involved students (combined with the 100 biggest donors) get tickets to the game. Refuse to let the other team have water. Make them change outside in the parking lot between Kitchin and the Pit (or down by the pool).

If that doesn't give us a home court advantage, I don't know what will. Think about how low the roof is!!!!

Ceiling feels a little too high for my tastes.

I am super intrigued by the idea of an underground stadium. Think about how the University of Mexico has "The Pit," and it's totally famous and hosts NCAAT games, even though nobody really cares about New Mexico basketball because they're busy doing peyote and talking to cactuses and being extras in Better Call Saul, simply because that stadium is slightly underground. It's not even fully underground like ours would be.

Nope, we put this puppy waaaaaay underground, like a couple of hundred feet, accessible by tunnels and, for the purposes of ADA accessibility and also for the kitsch factor, those little minecarts that they use in Temple of Doom (another TOD reference !). You're telling me we don't instantly have the most famous arena in college basketball?

Consistent the whole death and Satan theme too that we've decided upon, we call it the Catacombs, and we line the whole thing with bones and skulls and stuff.

Think of the possibilities. Wake's campus tunnels could be connected directly to the Mausoleum. It makes too much sense not to happen.

We should spend a little extra cash to make it seem like we are right on the edge of hell itself and invest in some sulfur deposits to be networked into the HVAC units.

Back