• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

BSD Article: Wake Forest Student Section

I'm really liking this idea. Many famous 6000 seater stadiums even jack up the heat to make players and fans uncomfortable. If we are stimulating hell on earth, i propose large bonfires, emanating perhaps from garbage cans or better yet dumpsters. Then we can even save money on lights because with so low a roof the fires will illuminate everything

And just like the failed voodoo of duke campout 2006, we'll have every fan bring a jersey or shirt from the opposing team and chuck it in the flames before taking their seats. Will fuel the fire and serve as Satan's appetizer before those heart-eating animal sacrifices during introductions.

Serious question: is it legal to just kind of like have a dead body, or are dead people only allowed to be buried/burned/stored in a morgue/etc? If it's legal, would be pretty upsetting I think to wheel out a corpse on a gurney right in front of the opposing bench during the pre-game and just let it sit there.

I personally get kind of creeped out looking at dead people. If I'm trying to get pumped up to play a basketball game and suddenly there is a dead old lady laying there on a gurney in front of me, just laying there cold and stiff and grayish-blue, maybe with the eyes open for max effect...shudder. I'll bet too there are a few hardcore Deacon fans out there who would be willing to write into their wills that they hereby donate their corpses to give us a competitive edge.

Serious question: is it legal to just kind of like have a dead body, or are dead people only allowed to be buried/burned/stored in a morgue/etc? If it's legal, would be pretty upsetting I think to wheel out a corpse on a gurney right in front of the opposing bench during the pre-game and just let it sit there.

I personally get kind of creeped out looking at dead people. If I'm trying to get pumped up to play a basketball game and suddenly there is a dead old lady laying there on a gurney in front of me, just laying there cold and stiff and grayish-blue, maybe with the eyes open for max effect...shudder. I'll bet too there are a few hardcore Deacon fans out there who would be willing to write into their wills that they hereby donate their corpses to give us a competitive edge.

You could get eternal lifetime courtside seats for a legacy donation. Who says no to that?

Important question. Would the monorail crew be OK with diverting funds to a subway to make the Mausoleum happen?

This

http://www.lifegem.com/

For the right donation, Deacon Club members can have their ashes turned into diamonds that will then be embedded in our new court. Hell, the WF at center court can be made of diamonds for the right price.

I'm talking about preserved corpses lining the court sitting up staring at the visiting bench.

We also have Dr. Atala's ability to mass produce human organs at our disposal, so production costs would be manageable. We could shoot gall bladders out of t-shirt cannons.

For the right donation, Deacon Club members can have their ashes turned into diamonds that will then be embedded in our new court. Hell, the WF at center court can be made of diamonds for the right price.

Or their corpse will be dressed in a bathing suit and wheeled out onto the court during pre-game so that Harry Giles has to stare at it.

We also have Dr. Atala's ability to mass produce human organs at our disposal, so production costs would be manageable. We could shoot gall bladders out of t-shirt cannons.

on a recent project I learned that while you're not permitted by federal law to "sell" body parts from cadavers, you are allowed to "deliver" them for a fee, and that despite this clever wording, you are supposed to pay sales tax on body parts.

But what about a full blown corpse? If granny dies, can I keep her or is that like a health code violation or something?

If having an actual corpse is illegal or whatever, we could just have autopsy videos running on all the video boards. Maybe we could wheel out a projector and one of those temp movie screens to set up right in front of the opposing bench.

if only finding a new coach was as easy as advertising on billboards and the back of the phone book.

My favorite part of all this will be the juxtaposition between how Groves Stadium is the "Wrigley Field of College Football" and the cozy confines, whereas the Catacombs will be an underground lair filled with Satanic imagery and skulls and corpses and needles being inserted into throbbing veins and scary animals and a cacophony of death sounds and shrieking and deafening bleating. Nothing friendly about that let me tell you !

Back