• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Retired US Soccer / World Cup Thread (RIP)

Eh I was generally fine with Jurgen, but by the end it was clear that he lost the team and probably had to go. I was not on board with hiring Bruce; I feel like we could have done better.

Not cool. Cool. Cool Cool Tight Tight

A growing chance Australia could wind up in the CONCACAF-Asia playoff. Top two qualify automatically in each group, and they're about to be three points back of both Saudi and Japan with 4 to play. Worse goal diff than both, as well

Ives Starting XI prediction (I think...):

-------------Altidore------------
Pulisic--Dempsey--Lleget--Bedoya
-------------Bradley------------
Beasley--Brooks--Gonzalez--Cameron
-------------Howard------------

I didn't realize Lleget was thought of as starting material these days. He had one goal in 31 MLS appearances last year.

I didn't realize Lleget was thought of as starting material these days. He had one goal in 31 MLS appearances last year.

It certainly sounded that Ives would have picked someone else but that Arena has made it clear that he likes Lleget enough that he'll start.

Ives Starting 11. I pretty much agree with this although if he's healthy I'd like to see Beasley back there just for his speed and experience.

usaxivshonduras2017.png

Seems like Danny Williams has been in form for Reading. I wonder why Bruce didn't call him into camp?

I really like Danny. Guess Bruce values Lleget, Jones, Bradley and McCarty more in that position. Personally I'd rather have Williams over McCarty or Lleget, but what do I know?

I could see Williams being a Gold Cup guy. I don't think Bruce is going with guys he doesn't know well right now that unless they are obvious first choice players. He will use the summer to test out new (to him) blood.

I could see Williams being a Gold Cup guy. I don't think Bruce is going with guys he doesn't know well right now that unless they are obvious first choice players. He will use the summer to test out new (to him) blood.
I hope to God he's right

Ives Starting 11. I pretty much agree with this although if he's healthy I'd like to see Beasley back there just for his speed and experience.

usaxivshonduras2017.png

Im cool with it except Acosta over Lletget. Choo choo mother fuckers

T&T takes down Panama in the first game under their new coach (a ROBERTO disciple!). Road to 3rd has become less treacherous

Back