• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Retired US Soccer / World Cup Thread (RIP)

He balled out for Fulham's U21s a few times. Dude can really pick a pass. Excited to see he has added scoring goals to his repertoire.

And now Bobby Wood is out for the qualifiers :panda:

Kljestan in to replace Wood, and Besler was added too.

Goal for Deuce on a PK

Morris with an injury scare after colliding with the keeper

Morris heavily limping since the 39th. He'll probably go off at halftime

He made it for quite awhile. I'm nervous that when he takes the boot off, it's going to swell and cause some soreness or issues for Friday. We need him 100%.

Shit. How fast can we can Dom cleared by FIFA?

Klejstan is an interesting addition to replace Wood. Not entirely sure we needed yet another midfielder, unless Bruce is seriously considering a 4-5-1 and running Altidore up top with Pulisic and Nagbe or Acosta out wide and pushed further up the field. I mean, AJ has at least been getting some playing time in Germany and does play forward. We are really thin up top, especially with Morris hobbled and Dempsey still getting back into form.

I guess I should be glad Wondo didn't get called up. But we are packed in midfield and light on guys who can hold the ball and finish.

Brooks has been released by his club to play with USMNT despite "minor knee injury"

ffs with us and injuries at a critical point in qualifying.

Fabian looked legit hurt, but I can't help but notice it's mostly our overseas guys who are picking up these injuries right as the international break arrives. Could this be the true sign we've arrived?

wondo-net-070114-ftr-apjpg_2bcv3i5b6njc1matrklvkka5g.jpg

Back