• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Retired US Soccer / World Cup Thread (RIP)

High praise for Pulisic from the German football community

http://www.foxsports.com/soccer/gallery/christian-pulisic-usmnt-borussia-dortmund

This one tho :eek: :bowrofl: :p

Lothar Matthaus

Germany and Bayern Munich legend, World Cup and European Championship winner Lothar Matthaus weighed in on Christian Pulisic following his goal to seal Dortmund's progression to the round of 16 in Champions League.

"The way he lobbed the keeper, at 18 years old, that's rare class, said the former Germany captain.

"Pulisic is doing what we expected from Mario Goetze."

Why not bring in Feilhaber over Wondo? Benny is exactly the player you need to unlock a team like Honduras at home.

Why not bring in Feilhaber over Wondo? Benny is exactly the player you need to unlock a team like Honduras at home.

Why would we want a guy who is scoring sick goals, leading the MLS in key passes, and seemingly a great fit for the Honduras game when we have a Wondo?

I'm hoping/assuming that it's because Wondo is already in San Jose and it was easy to just give him a call and tell him to come to training today as filler

I'm hoping/assuming that it's because Wondo is already in San Jose and it was easy to just give him a call and tell him to come to training today as filler

Yeah that's probably it, similar to Bingham being called in to be the 3rd keeper.

Awesome news, I was hoping that would happen after this last summer. Euro in the morning/afternoon and Copa at night was the titties.

I also hoping this spells the end of the dumpy Gold Cup. Transform it into a qualifying tournament for Copa.

I'm old enough to remember when people called for Jurgen to be fired because he called up Wondo but not Benny.

I'm old enough to remember when people called for Jurgen to be fired because he called up Wondo but not Benny.

Wait, did you not think Jurgen should be fired?

And I personally don't get too worked up over who is number 22 on the roster for some WCQ in March.

England lining up in a 3-4-3 against Germany:
Hart
Keane, Cahill, Smalling
Walker, Livermore, Dier, Bertrand
Dele, Vardy, Lallana

Wait, did you not think Jurgen should be fired?

And I personally don't get too worked up over who is number 22 on the roster for some WCQ in March.

Eh I was generally fine with Jurgen, but by the end it was clear that he lost the team and probably had to go. I was not on board with hiring Bruce; I feel like we could have done better.

Back