• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Retired US Soccer / World Cup Thread (RIP)

Not entirely sure I'd included Yedlin. Very concerned his most recent knock will keep him out of upcoming qualifiers. I'd put Cameron in our top 5. When healthy he has been very solid in EPL. We missed him in our first two matches, a lot.

I agree but hard to include Cameron with one start in 4 months

1. Pulisic
2. Brooks
3. Johnson
4. Wood
5. Yedlin

Top 5 field players at the moment? Probably the first time in 6-7 years that I wouldn't include Bradley

Sure its jusssssst a coincidence that none of them play in MLS. Nothing to see here.

Yedlin just isn't that good.

By all accounts, Yedlin is having a really good year for Newcastle and has been described by some as the best right back in the championship. I don't know if that's true but he's the best right back the US has had since Cherundolo and I thought he was pretty good last summer in the Copa America.

By all accounts, Yedlin is having a really good year for Newcastle and has been described by some as the best right back in the championship. I don't know if that's true but he's the best right back the US has had since Cherundolo and I thought he was pretty good last summer in the Copa America.

Yedlin is considered to be one of Newcastle's most indispensable players.

Yedlin has always just needed more game time to understand what to do in certain situations to read the game. He relied on his athleticism too much before, but for as much shit as I love to give Rafa -- he actually can develop players.

Haven't seen Yedlin in a year but I'd be surprised if he isn't much better now.

dv7 what's your take on Pulisic since he's the only player we have that's United quality?

U.S. MEN’S NATIONAL TEAM ROSTER FOR WORLD CUP QUALIFYING

Goalkeepers: Brad Guzan (Middlesbrough), Tim Howard (Colorado Rapids), Nick Rimando (Real Salt Lake).

Defenders: John Brooks (Hertha Berlin), DaMarcus Beasley (Houston Dynamo), Geoff Cameron (Stoke City), Omar Gonzalez (Pachuca), Michael Orozco (Club Tijuana), Tim Ream (Fulham), Jorge Villafaña (Santos Laguna), Walker Zimmerman (FC Dallas).

Midfielders: Kellyn Acosta (FC Dallas), Alejandro Bedoya (Philadelphia Union), Michael Bradley (Toronto FC), Jermaine Jones (LA Galaxy), Fabian Johnson (Borussia Mönchengladbach), Sebastian Lletget (LA Galaxy), Darlington Nagbe (Portland Timbers), Dax McCarty (Chicago Fire), Christian Pulisic (Borussia Dortmund).

Forwards: Jozy Altidore (Toronto FC), Clint Dempsey (Seattle Sounders FC), Jordan Morris (Seattle Sounders FC), Bobby Wood (Hamburg).

Arena says Yedlin and Lichaj would have been included had they been healthy. Chandler excluded because he's suspended for the first game and he doesn't think it makes sense to have him travel from Europe for one game. Cameron likely to play right back.

So I guess a few names I thought we might see that we don't (and don't appear to be injured i.e. Yedlin): Matt Besler, Sacha Kljestan, and Juan Agudelo.

I was also hoping to see Kenny Saief called in, but I honestly don't know the story if he's eligible or what.

Still playing, and got himself booked for Vancouver last night in the Champions League semifinal first leg at Tigres for simulation while rounding the keeper. Think the score was still 0-0 at that point too.

Back