• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Retired US Soccer / World Cup Thread (RIP)

Mexico U-20s absolutely destroy El Salvador 6-1 tonight. So US U-20s are through to World Cup unless they somehow lose to El Salvador by 5 or more goals...or something like that.

We win, which we should, and we qualify and also head to the finals against...who knows? The hosts (Costa Rica)? Honduras?

Mexico U-20s absolutely destroy El Salvador 6-1 tonight. So US U-20s are through to World Cup unless they somehow lose to El Salvador by 5 or more goals...or something like that.

We win, which we should, and we qualify and also head to the finals against...who knows? The hosts (Costa Rica)? Honduras?

By my math it'll take a 8-0 El Sal win to knock us out

See ya in South Korea

I feel confident in saying we won't lose 8-0

Honduras won again last night over Costa Rica, so they're through to the finals and WC. After upsetting US and winning the group, Panama has to beat Costa Rica in Costa Rica to advance to WC.

Hamburg aren't particularly good, but Bobby Wood is a monster. Singlehandedly scored a goal (although Hamburg dropped the game 2-1).

He has such a gift of creating things from absolutely nothing. So many of his goals are similar to this one.

What are we thinking for the Honduras match?

Wood-Altidore
Johnson-Feilhaber-Bradley-Pulisic
Villifana-Brooks-Cameron-Yedlin
(I wish it wasn't Guzan)

Wood-Altidore
(I wish it wasn't Guzan)

Is Villifana sound enough defensively to put into a game that important?

Wood-Altidore
(I wish it wasn't Guzan)

I bet FJ slots into LB. No ide who that puts at wing, Nags maybe? Not sure Cameron is good to go by then either but I hope so. Probably Timmy over Guzan

US won 2-1. Second US goal was masterclass. Really ugly game. El Salvador with two reds and lost count of yellows. Should have had more of both. US had their fair share of yellows and a red at the end. But we were getting hacked all over and finally had enough. Final is Sunday at 4pm vs Honduras.

US won 2-1. Second US goal was masterclass. Really ugly game. El Salvador with two reds and lost count of yellows. Should have had more of both. US had their fair share of yellows and a red at the end. But we were getting hacked all over and finally had enough. Final is Sunday at 4pm vs Honduras.

Eryk Williamson's goal was a damn thunderbolt

I have no clue where he fits in but he has to find the field. Kellyn Acosta is damn good at soccer.

Only 21 years old

US wins their first ever U-20 CONCACAF Championship. Beats Honduras 5-3 on PKs. Honduras keeper with a couple huge saves to keep it 0-0 in the first half.

1. Pulisic
2. Brooks
3. Johnson
4. Wood
5. Yedlin

Top 5 field players at the moment? Probably the first time in 6-7 years that I wouldn't include Bradley

1. Pulisic
2. Brooks
3. Johnson
4. Wood
5. Yedlin

Top 5 field players at the moment? Probably the first time in 6-7 years that I wouldn't include Bradley

Not entirely sure I'd included Yedlin. Very concerned his most recent knock will keep him out of upcoming qualifiers. I'd put Cameron in our top 5. When healthy he has been very solid in EPL. We missed him in our first two matches, a lot.

Back