• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

#20 / #22 Wake Forest (7-1) vs Virginia Tech (5-3) - 11/9 - 3:30PM ACCN

Brendan207

Reaction score
Coming off the most complete game of the season Wake Forest (7-1) heads to Blacksburg for a tilt against Virginia Tech (5-3). Virginia Tech looked good last weekend during their tough loss in South Bend so we'll definitely have our hands full with this one. Wake is 12-24-1 all time in the series vs Tech. Wake Forest won the last matchup back in 2014 with the whopping final score of 6-3. Despite now being in the same conference Wake has actually only played in Blacksburg once since our back to back wins in 1982 and 1983.... a loss at Tech in 2011. Should be a fun game.

Not sure where we stand with injuries, I was holding my breath with Scotty Washington hobbling off but haven't heard any legitimate updates.

Go Deacs

Last edited:
I didn't watch the game and only saw ND's last drive...the stats from the game make it look far more lopsided than the score. Was VT really playing with ND or was ND just dominating all but the score? It sure seemed like they had no issues moving the ball when they had to at the end of the game.

I didn't watch the game and only saw ND's last drive...the stats from the game make it look far more lopsided than the score. Was VT really playing with ND or was ND just dominating all but the score? It sure seemed like they had no issues moving the ball when they had to at the end of the game.

The Virginia Tech defense really did play well for most of the game. Tech was ahead because Notre Dame was so sloppy on offense. 2 INT's and at least 1 fumble that was on all of the highlights. I don't think we'll have as much trouble moving the ball against them but we need to take care of the ball and win time of possession. Optimistically predicting a Wake win by 4.

ND was inside the Va Tech 5 at the end of the first half up 14-7 and about to go up by 14. ND fumbled and Va tech picked it up and ran the nearly 100 yards for a td to tie it up at 14. ND had been dominating.

In the 4th quarter with Va Tech winning, they got jobbed being called for a late hit on the qb on a 3rd down and then an int to ND's benefit.

ND was inside the Va Tech 5 at the end of the first half up 14-7 and about to go up by 14. ND fumbled and Va tech picked it up and ran the nearly 100 yards for a td to tie it up at 14. ND had been dominating.

Thanks.

Amari posted a video and showed Scotty hobbling around in the background in a boot. No crutches.

not feeling great about this one. feel like we really struggle with mobile quarterbacks and sounds like hooker should be back at qb for VT next week. i’m sure that will be an area of the focus for the staff though, hopefully we come up with something good schematically.

If WF can’t/doesn’t beat VT then the post season talk of glory has been just that — talk. Every game is a must win, always has been. WF’s DL is definitely adequate to keep pressure on a mobile QB as long as they all show up to play which they will since they have experienced the burn of losing to Louisville.

If WF can’t/doesn’t beat VT then the post season talk of glory has been just that — talk. Every game is a must win, always has been. WF’s DL is definitely adequate to keep pressure on a mobile QB as long as they all show up to play which they will since they have experienced the burn of losing to Louisville.

Strnad as a spy and in general would have really helped vs Hooker/Patterson.

Accuweather calling for a high of 43 with a possibility of flurries on Saturday. Welcome to Blacksburg in November.

It’s always just talk. We’re a bunch of randos posting on message boards.

not feeling great about this one. feel like we really struggle with mobile quarterbacks and sounds like hooker should be back at qb for VT next week. i’m sure that will be an area of the focus for the staff though, hopefully we come up with something good schematically.

Yeah, feel like we have historically been poor at scheming to make running QBs beat us with the pass.

Yeah the first book out (circa) had it at 1 all the other books that come out later have set it at 3.5

Back