• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

#20 / #22 Wake Forest (7-1) vs Virginia Tech (5-3) - 11/9 - 3:30PM ACCN

I was really pulling for VaTech against ND. I think it would have set the table better for our game ... now they will be scrambling to stay relevant this year.

Could also be pretty beat up physically and emotionally and let one loss turn into two. If it wasn't for Saturday being Bud Foster Day and how up they'll be for that, I'd be tempted to think we would roll them. Definitely important (as always) to get out to a hot start and temper the team/crowd enthusiasm.

They also need 7 wins to make a bowl because they played two FCS teams after cancelling the ECU series.

Could also be pretty beat up physically and emotionally and let one loss turn into two. If it wasn't for Saturday being Bud Foster Day and how up they'll be for that, I'd be tempted to think we would roll them. Definitely important (as always) to get out to a hot start and temper the team/crowd enthusiasm.

Lots of first and second year players on their roster. Could see them laying down after the emotional roller coaster last weekend.

Their defense will certainly be out to make a statement against our highly touted offense for that reason. Getting off to a good start is very important.

So I think we’re going to win this one. I used to be intimidated by the Hokies but they seem to have lost that edge. They’re all over the place this season. Honestly think the only game they are productively going to get ‘up’ for is UVA, and they are not going to be prepared for what we’re bringing to Lane.

We win and cover and get on to Clemson.

What parking (for tailgating) options are there up in Blacksburg?

The athletic department website has a decent map showing the on-campus parking but I'm not sure about which ones are best for tailgating.

The athletic department website has a decent map showing the on-campus parking but I'm not sure about which ones are best for tailgating.

Vet School and I Lot 16 are great spots and not far from the stadium. Parking Passes go for around $100 for those.

Yeah, I think there may be an emotional let down on their part. If we can score and put them behind early, I think we can break their spirits and eliminate any boost they may get from Bud Foster Day (how is this a thing?).

The biggest unknown for me is Jamie's health. If he isn't good to go, I don't know if I trust Hartman enough to get this done on the road.

High on Saturday is 46. Looks partly cloudy. Should be classic fall weather in the mountains - great college football weather.

I was really pulling for VaTech against ND. I think it would have set the table better for our game ... now they will be scrambling to stay relevant this year.

Not necessarily. VT still has four ACC games left - Wake and Pitt at home, at Ga Tech, and at UVa to close out the season. All winnable. If they beat Wake this weekend, they remain in the hunt to win the coastal.

Back