• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2013 GRAND SLAM CONTEST - THE Open Championship - Eckhouse wins!

Seems bizarre to simultaneously feel like Tiger has too many haters and hate on Phil. Just an observation.

Well whatever the reason is that people don't like him, or whatever Phil actually is - an asshole or not, I think it's pretty conclusive that he's not disliked by people for his religion since he doesn't appear to be remotely religious.

Zj and angel both went it of their way to congratulate him. Prob a total asshole though. Also, it's not bragging if its true. Re: figjam, I guess it would be better if he was steeped in humility like Tiger. It's fine not to like him, just don't make shit up to justify your dislike.

As much as he likes to gamble on games, maybe he considers The Little White Chapel in Vegas as his primary house of worship.

Zj and angel both went it of their way to congratulate him. Prob a total asshole though. Also, it's not bragging if its true. Re: figjam, I guess it would be better if he was steeped in humility like Tiger. It's fine not to like him, just don't make shit up to justify your dislike.

What's made up to justify the dislike? If the media's stories are wrong then that's the case, I was just saying what has been reported. I even said I don't like him because I think he's an idiot.

What's made up to justify the dislike? If the media's stories are wrong then that's the case, I was just saying what has been reported. I even said I don't like him because I think he's an idiot.

As in how he plays or his actual intellect?

Like Numbers said, Phil is likely different on and off camera. He sounds like this generation's Lee Trevino. As long as a camera was around, Trevino treated people well. Once the cameras left, so did his friendliness.

Please link to the media stories about Phil being a closet asshole that you reference. The golf media LOVES the guy.

Like Numbers said, Phil is likely different on and off camera. He sounds like this generation's Lee Trevino. As long as a camera was around, Trevino treated people well. Once the cameras left, so did his friendliness.

Woods is a little dickish to fans and seems chummy in the locker room. Phil seems to be the inverse. (All based on rumors and hearsay for both). Just curious why either are worth the hate. Especially when they bring home the tittles for the USofA.

I've come around on Phil. I'm certainly not going to dislike him because there is a rumor from players on tour that he is phony with the media.

Tiger needs to get back on the HGH stat (speaking of baseless rumors)

I've come around on Phil. I'm certainly not going to dislike him because there is a rumor from players on tour that he is phony with the media.

I do think Phil is more likable over the past few years than he was up to 2006 when he was named the 8th most hated athlete by GQ.

I do think Phil is more likable over the past few years than he was up to 2006 when he was named the 8th most hated athlete by GQ.

I'm not sure if that poll is something that GQ, aka the pulse of the sports world, still does that piece, but in 2013 CP3 and Killa Cam would definitely find their way on that list.

Phil has definitely gotten more well liked over the years. I think he was a dick early on and then figured out that's not how he wants to be remembered so he patterned his fan interactions after Arnie and it worked. I've always been a lefty fan and I'm savoring this win as he may only have a few years left playing at this level

Back