• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2014 FB Recruiting Thread: Signing Day is this Wednesday!

Somebody please tell me the whole Zack Allen thing is just a misunderstanding and that there is nothing to it?!

Really hard to know the benefits or drawbacks about not filling your class early. Realize that there are not the same resources committed to evaluating Lacrosse as there are football players (and that the sports are very different), but a major reason why there have been so many under the radar Lacrosse programs that have won or nearly won Lax titles in recent years (Towson, Denver, Yale) is because the power Lax schools (UVA, Hopkins, Cuse, Princeton) fill up their classes early and have no room to go after the players that emerge during the Summer before senior and as seniors.

While not to the same degree as Lacrosse, I have always thought it wise for WF to have a few ships stashed for break-out players that emerge in the late Summer/Fall as seniors when other programs are done recruiting altogether or done at certain positions. There is a benefit to having flexibility of not having your class locked up. We have seen this benefit over the years as WF's best players are often those landed in August or even later (Riley Skinner, Kyle Wilbur, Nikita, Bud Noel, Chris Givens, Joe Looney, Kris Redding, Deandre Martin, Brandon Chubb, Tylor Harris).

With that said, having only 4 commitments in mid-July is not in anyone's grand plan and a legit concern as there is a difference between maintaining flexibility and being unable to land recruits that you have offered.

Pilchard, you're right. This isn't by designed. So, we'll just have to take advantage of our opportunities down the road. The proposals by other schools are better at this time: "We've gone to X-number of bowl games in a row", "We send dozens to the NFL", "You can major in basket weaving". We must come out of the gates this year.

If our coaches tell the players to "play like your hair's on fire" our coaches should recruit like their ass could get fired.

Welcome Isaiah. Nice GET for the Deacs. I really liked his video. He's not really quick or fast, but his yards-after-contact is great. He breaks arm tackles on every play, it seems. His ball security is excellent as well. He reminds me of O.J. Anderson with the Giants, in that he is perfect for a clock eating ground game.

Last edited:
Interesting running back. Looks to be strong like Bull, but not so fast. He could end up as a running fullback.

finally a rb now we need another. Maybe we are going to start going with a combo of a power back and also bringing in a speed back.

Pilchard, you're right. This isn't by designed. So, we'll just have to take advantage of our opportunities down the road. The proposals by other schools are better at this time: "We've gone to X-number of bowl games in a row", "We send dozens to the NFL", "You can major in basket weaving". We must come out of the gates this year.

Kids theses days just don't care about culture.

In Isaiah's 2012 highlights, I LOVE his 2 runs from around the 6:30 mark to the 6:43 mark. Absolutely trucked some guys. Tough runner. Great get!

Gotta ask. Great size. Apparently great highlights. Why the less than stellar offer sheet? Injury? Great summer camps?

Gotta ask. Great size. Apparently great highlights. Why the less than stellar offer sheet? Injury? Great summer camps?

No clue. Looked around and didn't see much about it. He was high on Duke, State and Duke's board as well. Seems like a late riser type.

Good article about him at Independence though here:

http://www.matthewsminthillweekly.c...otball-standouts-earning-major-college-looks/

Robinson, on the other hand said his recruiting process is a little more of a challenge. Instead of hitting the recruiting trail hard this summer, Robinson said he will try to get a job while keeping his skills and body in shape. He said he might participate in a few college camps but mostly will stay around his home.

“It’s kind of been overwhelming,”

Robinson said of the process. “A lot of the colleges want you to contact them, and we have people coming here a lot who tell you to call a certain coach or they’re making their pitch to you on their school. It’s really kind of a lot to take in.”

Robinson added that he thought he wanted to make his college decision before the upcoming season begins but now isn’t sure if he’ll wait to see which school offers the best mix of football, academics and coaching staff.

Sounds like a great kid on and off the football field. Working on getting an interview with Robinson as we speak to get some thoughts.

I'm shocked about McSorley. Everything I saw around the web and the people I talked to close to Wake thought that we were very close to landing him.

Last edited:
Back