• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2014 GRAND SLAM CONTEST - THE OPEN CHAMPIONSHIP - WED Wins! Wakeforest22890 leads GS

Here are the most popular picks from the 54 entrants:

Golfer Count
Justin Rose 23
Adam Scott 20
Jordan Spieth 16
Martin Kaymer 15
Sergio Garcia 13
Ernie Els 12
Graeme Mcdowell 12
Henrik Stenson 12
Lee Westwood 12
Rory McIlroy 12
Rickie Fowler 11
Bill Haas 10
Miguel Jimenez 9
Phil Mickelson 9
Ian Poulter 7
Jonas Blixt 7
Angel Cabrera 6
Tiger Woods 6
Victor Dubuisson 5

This is going to be one of those tournaments where a lot of people feel great going into Saturday, then it rains and the wind blows and the entire tournament turns upside down.

Cabrera not off to a great start. I'm excited for the rain and wind on Saturday.

This is setting up to be a fantastic tournament.

For me it came down to Kaymer vs. Rory. Kaymer just doubled the Par 5 that everyone is birdieing.

Each of my 150s shot -2 today.

This is going to be one of those tournaments where a lot of people feel great going into Saturday, then it rains and the wind blows and the entire tournament turns upside down.

I hope you're right. I drafted my team with that in mind. All I ask of them now is to make the cut, and wait for the real tournament to begin.

Right now I'm regretting that I made the last minute decision to replace Ilonen with Els. Yet, the last time I checked Ernie had only played 3 holes.

Last edited:
Sleepy do you have the scoring spreadsheet?

I am waiting for TW to host/post it (all file sharing sites are blocked at work for me).
PM or rep me email address and I can email it out until TW decides to wake up.

No biggie, I'll just wait until it's posted - apparently I have to spread some reputation around before giving you any more ;-)

team cville

Rose 15
Rory 18
GMac33
DJ 40
Cabrera-Bello 150
Larrazabal 150

Scott (-3 through six holes)
Stenson (E)
Kaymer (bollocks for taking him instead of Rory as my last choice) +2 though five holes
Speith (-1)
Jacobson (-2)
Moore (-2)

I dropped Furyk for Cabrera and took Kaymer over Rory as well. Looking terrible now, but if they can get to rain day it might work out.

Man, how did Cabrera shoot 76 from where he was driving the ball all day? Iron play was just abysmal.

Angel has been hurt all year.

Els is +7 for the front nine.

Angel's shoulder can't be hurting him that much. He had back-to-back top 25's then won the Greenbrier 2 weeks ago.

LOL - my team is a combined 12 over. The only two still on the course are a combined 4 over. I'm going to need a monsoon for the afternoon tee times tomorrow.

Back