• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2014 NFL Offseason Thread: Jerry Jones pictures

Also these deals aren't really what the seem, they are actually very club friendly. I just saw the Dalton deal is in reality 2 years with 25 million guaranteed, after that free to dump his ginger ass. Its like agents want big contracts just to say hey look I got Dalton 115 million, hell the Panthers could come out and say we are giving Newton 800 million over 5 years, and then have only 30 million 3 years guaranteed and who cares about the other 770 million.

If Dalton commands $115, those numbers sound right for Cam.

If Dalton commands $115, those numbers sound right for Cam.

Can we get a LT for $1 trillion over 5 years with $15M over 3 years guaranteed?

David Wilson's career is over. Dang. I figured it'd be because of teh fumblez and not a neck injury.

Bengals give Dalton give 2/25 or 3/36 with some normalish incentives. Seems fine, why is everyone upset?

I mean he kinda sucks but the Bengals have a talented roster can't really afford to start over at QB next couple years. This gives them a better cap control and player control (If Dalton actually doesn't suck) than just having him play out Rookie contract this year and then slapping franchise tag or whatever.

The deal is leaked by the agent first at 6/115 and the media shit storm happens. Yeah, it's not that bad.

But what leverage does Andy Dalton have anyway? The real numbers are okay I guess, but it's still re-structure or start over after the guaranteed money is through. What year is the actual dead money lower than the cap hit? Year 4?

Last edited:
Bengals give Dalton give 2/25 or 3/36 with some normalish incentives. Seems fine, why is everyone upset?

I mean he kinda sucks but the Bengals have a talented roster can't really afford to start over at QB next couple years. This gives them a better cap control and player control (If Dalton actually doesn't suck) than just having him play out Rookie contract this year and then slapping franchise tag or whatever.

This. His contract only amounts to a one-year extension. He was going to be the Bengals QB this year anyway. The base term is a 2-yr deal. So it means little more than Dalton has a 1-yr guaranteed extension. The rest is icing and he's gotta earn it. People went into meltdown without looking at the actual terms. Smart contract when it's all said and done.

The deal is leaked by the agent first at 6/115 and the media shit storm happens. Yeah, it's not that bad.

But what leverage does Andy Dalton have anyway? The real numbers are okay I guess, but it's still re-structure or start over after the guaranteed money is through. What year is the actual dead money lower than the cap hit? Year 4?

First 2 years he'll be a Bengal for $25m total, 17m cap hit. Year 3 his Salary is 11m vs. 8m of dead cap hit at that pt. Year 4 is 13m salary, 6m dead cap hit if they part ways or restructure.

There are some escalators that could raise his salary 1-2 million in those years if he leads Bengals deep into the playoffs while playing 80%+ of the snaps.

I understand that Dalton kind of sucks, but if his play is even slightly improved it would put the Bengals in a huge bind next offseason. Then you have to slap the QB franchise tag (which will royally screw your cap situation) to evaluate for one more year or sign a big deal when he's a free agent with other teams competing. That's how you can get into some lol Flacco contract territory.

Jerry!

BuKXETJCUAENhbf.jpg

BuKXvU_CIAEGko3.jpg

Are his pants off in the second picture? I'm amazed this isn't getting more media coverage.

I don't have women like that hanging around me when I'm drinking. Guess it doesn't suck to be Jerruh. If he could just find himself a good general manager....

Is Jerruh "damaging the shield" in those pics? Could we see a suspension? I'd have to think it's not bloody likely.

As an aside, it must be awesome to have a fuck ton of money.

He wants and got some Gloryhole

Back