• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2015-2016 MLB Stove: Talk To Your Congressman About Stopping DH Expansion

Cuba's Gurriel brothers believed to have defected

Brothers Lourdes Gurriel Jr., 22, and Yulieski Gurriel, 31, are believed to have defected from Cuba's Ciego de Avila team following the Caribbean Series that concluded Sunday in order to seek contracts with Major League teams, according to sources. Lourdes is considered the top prospect in Cuba while his brother is considered the country's best player.

http://www.sbnation.com/mlb/2016/2/...ojections-windows-graphs-charts-chartsengrafs

Dat lower right quadrant

win-now-compass-2016.jpg

The NL East you guys.

Jenrry Mejia banned from the league after testing positive for PEDs for the third time. This is his third time in less than a year (first was April 2015)...get it together dude.

Jenrry Mejia banned from the league after testing positive for PEDs for the third time. This is his third time in less than a year (first was April 2015)...get it together dude.

Dude just threw away $2.47 million that the Mets had guaranteed him in 2016. He also lost whatever he would've made in 2017 as he is banned for life, but can't seek reinstatement before the 2018 season. Ouch babe.

Dude just threw away $2.47 million that the Mets had guaranteed him in 2016. He also lost whatever he would've made in 2017 as he is banned for life, but can't seek reinstatement before the 2018 season. Ouch babe.

His agent has got to be pissed. I mean, after the second positive test... you'd think he'd get the point and know that he'd be tested again.

bauers makes his first top 100 list at 75 on BA's list. glad to see him get some props from one of the big sources. his comps are awesome when you consider his arl. honeywell also places on the 51-100 part of their list. if it holds to the team ranking (which it doesnt always do) the rays will also place adames and snell in the front half. here's where we rank in the big 3 prospect sources:

BA
Snell (?)
Admes (?)
Honeywell (65)
Bauers (75)

BP
Snell (21)
Honeywell (52)
Adames (54)
Guerrieri (84)
Robertson (88)

ESPN
Snell (14)
Guerrieri (35)
Honeywell (64)
Robertson (85)

6 total guys. no one giving shaffer or mahtook love who look like big league regulars in aaa right now. also excluding hotshot youngsters garrett whitley and adrian rondon. i'm loving the setup of the franchise right now, and i really think we'll make the playoffs 3 of the next 5 years.

Top IFA Kevin Maitan is basically letting teams know he's signing with the Braves by this tweet. Braves should have a pretty massive summer in the IFA Market if they talked Lazerito into waiting until July 2 to sign.

Phillies prospects:

BP
Crawford (4)
Williams (25)
Thompson (34)
Appel (64)
Alfaro (70)
Kilome (95)

MLB
Crawford (5)
Thompson (55)
Williams (64)
Appel (70)
Randolph (84)
Alfaro (96)
Quinn (99)

ESPN (Law)
Crawford (4)
Thompson (63)
Appel (68)
Williams (74)
Alfaro (82)

BA
Crawford (6)
Williams (27)
Thompson (75)
Randolph (88)
Knapp (96)

Nine guys across the four lists. The Phils are not making the playoffs in three of the next five years, but it's nice to have something to look forward to.

and crawford is really exciting. the nle will be interesting with the braves/phils farms, the nats/marlins window closing, and the mets rotation.

Redsox bringing in Carlos MarmLOL as a non-roster invite to spring training - guarantee that means he is somehow going to be transformed into an amazing setup man, as the Sawx continue to take Cubs reclamation products and turn them into viable players again.

Has anyone heard anything on Sabathia, is ok? and is he in the rotation to start the year?

So... PECOTA really hates the Royals.

PECOTA hated the Royals last year too. Last year's PECOTA prediction had the Royals winning 80 games (I know because I relied on it to make a losing UNDER bet on the Royals team total last year; to PECOTA's credit, they pegged the Orioles decline last year, but also missed big time on the Pirates). Think they need to tweak their metrics as they currently are missing something when it comes to evaluating some teams.

PECOTA hated the Royals last year too. Last year's PECOTA prediction had the Royals winning 80 games (I know because I relied on it to make a losing UNDER bet on the Royals team total last year; to PECOTA's credit, they pegged the Orioles decline last year, but also missed big time on the Pirates). Think they need to tweak their metrics as they currently are missing something when it comes to evaluating some teams.

Yep. Have they updated the model at all over the last 5 years? It seems like they've come out with some sexy new individual metrics (like the DRA pitching metric) that look really advanced, but PECOTA is a relic.

Re: the Orioles, PECOTA was also 20+ games off in 2012 and 2014. Outperformed PECOTA by an average of 14 wins over the last 4 seasons

Yep. Have they updated the model at all over the last 5 years? It seems like they've come out with some sexy new individual metrics (like the DRA pitching metric) that look really advanced, but PECOTA is a relic.

they update it every year ya donk.

rays tabbed for 91 wins. last time pecota had us winning the division we did (2010). w00t.

not sure how pecota can factor in the royals redic success in high leverage situations in the past in to its projections. i'd bet the royals are closer to 80 wins than 90 this year. it isnt like vegas loves the royals or bucs that much either (odds to win ws at 9th and 10 best respectively).

Back