• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2015 Football Coaching Carousel: Southern Miss HC to Tampa Bay

Mark Richt out at UGA. Going to be a very fun offseason

There are more FBS schools in VA, MD, SC, and GA changing coaches than keeping coaches.

UGA fired Richt. Wonder if GaTech will follow suit.

Paul Johnson signed a big extension after their trip to the Orange Bowl. I think he is under contract through 2020. They have been paying Paul Hewitt since 2011 and not sure how many years left on that settlement. Doubt they are ready to pay another coach to go away.

There are more FBS schools in VA, MD, SC, and GA changing coaches than keeping coaches.

Add NJ to the mid-Atlantic massacre. Rutgers fired their coach.

Does Coach Red Bull at UNC get interest from somebody like UGa?

Dont know if he will or not but I'd much rather have him - a successful head coach in C-USA and the ACC - than Kirby Smart - who everyone assumes has been waiting for a job like UGA but who has never been a head coach and has been getting credit for Saban's defense

Dont know if he will or not but I'd much rather have him - a successful head coach in C-USA and the ACC - than Kirby Smart - who everyone assumes has been waiting for a job like UGA but who has never been a head coach and has been getting credit for Saban's defense

I would think he's got to get some looks. He's got the holes 11-1, with a shot at making the playoff if things break right. Schools like UGa probably think it's possible to get him away from UNC, especially if there is any thought that the NCAA could do something further to the football program.

I would think he's got to get some looks. He's got the holes 11-1, with a shot at making the playoff if things break right. Schools like UGa probably think it's possible to get him away from UNC, especially if there is any thought that the NCAA could do something further to the football program.

I'll be shocked if a legit football school looks at Fedora. But I am sure he would jump at the 1sr opportunity.

Richt is a "U" alum. Natural fit.

Al Golden was Mark Richt lite. Good recruiter, always got less out of his talent than he should have, often too shaky on defense. He might be a fit in the administration's eyes but I doubt the ex-players would be happy.

Toledo's Matt Campbell to Iowa State. Campbell is 36, and is considered a rising coaching star. Would think that Campbell might have been able to get a better BCS offer (given that so many jobs are open), but there are only 65 BCS coaching jobs (I think I counted right, including ND); so, a bird in the hand theory at work.

Back