• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2015 Maui Invitational: Hudson & Watson to Play in 3rd Place Game v. UCLA 7:30 ESPN2

We probably didn't think they would throw a full court pass with 3.2 left. Didn't Chris Paul take it coast to coast against NCSU in that amount of time? Was looking for a pass to half court.

Woke up excited about a Wake basketball game for the first time in a long time. Hope we don't suffer a letdown tonight

Winner's bracket

Wake/Vandy
Kansas/UCLA

Decent chance to go 2-1 now and against much better comp for SOS than the loser's bracket.

No expectations the rest of the way in Maui. Thrilled that the team built some confidence with the win over IU. I expect we will lose pretty bad to Vandy. IU is overrated whereas Vandy is not.

No expectations the rest of the way in Maui. Thrilled that the team built some confidence with the win over IU. I expect we will lose pretty bad to Vandy. IU is overrated whereas Vandy is not.

Could be, I fear we won't have our legs being we're shorthanded and Vandy didn't have to exert itself much in their game. Take our best shot at Vandy and then we either get Kansas or UCLA regardless so another opportunity at a name opponent.

Need to keep Walton away from Crab to avoid another suspension.

Maybe that's why we brought Crab along? Walton's got to buy is medicine from somebody. Might a well be one of our guys.

I'm worried that we're going to come out flat, but Vandy looks sort of like a middle class man's Indiana.

I'm worried that we're going to come out flat, but Vandy looks sort of like a middle class man's Indiana.

How does Vandy compare to IU in terms of style of play? I haven't seen them play, I've only watched highlights and read their box scores, but they seem to rely on the three and they are not strong in the paint or prolific rebounders. To me, their style looks pretty similar to Indiana's, although I don't know if they play as fast. Would love to see our guys really dictate the tempo tonight after playing a fast Indiana team.

15th in KenPom and shoot it very, very well. That's troubling with our rotations.

I think Wake can control the paint. Both teams aren't deep at all.

Good gosh, I just checked the box score and Collins and 10 points and 9 boards in 13 minutes.

Jon Rothstein ‏@JonRothstein 4m4 minutes ago
Unbelievable job evaluating by Wake Forest's staff. Bryant Crawford & John Collins were not Top-50 players. Did they look it against IU?

So you feel good about beating an overrated team?

Got it.

Back