• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2016 College football thread

Well the panel didn't seem too convinced or help his cause much. Given the focus on sexual assault at colleges nowadays I have a hard time seeing him as a head coach again.

Oh I don't. In fact I predict he'll be at a major P5 school within 2 yrs. The interview they showed wasn't hardball, it was a Hillary-style media interview where they ask "hard" questions to allow a canned explanation of a tough issue, with no pushback. Herbstreit was also very sympathetic on the panel. We've seen this with others, like Leach and Petrino, where they're fired for conduct and then reemerge a bit later. And in fairness, Briles didn't do anything himself. It was a "happened on his watch" situation. And Baylor wasn't a stranger to explosive morality scandals long before Briles arrived. I'd entertain a narrative that this is more a Baylor issue than a Briles issue.

We'll see.

Oh I don't. In fact I predict he'll be at a major P5 school within 2 yrs. The interview they showed wasn't hardball, it was a Hillary-style media interview where they ask "hard" questions to allow a canned explanation of a tough issue, with no pushback. Herbstreit was also very sympathetic on the panel. We've seen this with others, like Leach and Petrino, where they're fired for conduct and then reemerge a bit later. And in fairness, Briles didn't do anything himself. It was a "happened on his watch" situation. And Baylor wasn't a stranger to explosive morality scandals long before Briles arrived. I'd entertain a narrative that this is more a Baylor issue than a Briles issue.

We'll see.

I hope our new AD has his number.

Horrible targeting penalty called against ECU. DB clearly led with the arm and shoulder into the chest of a receiver going up for a pass. Kid made a great play and got ejected.

I hope our new AD has his number.

Horrible targeting penalty called against ECU. DB clearly led with the arm and shoulder into the chest of a receiver going up for a pass. Kid made a great play and got ejected.

My ESPN app crapped out. Did they overturn that? That was a clean play.

No. Kid is gone. Clean play. Dude got right up. Barely any helmet contact.

Jeez. That's sad. Guess you reward the offense of the qb throwing a shitty pass over the middle.

Can we not design plays similar to ECU? Very creative, spreading the field and utilizing simple check-down patterns for the QB. Keeping the game simple.

Or is that illegal?

Can we not design plays similar to ECU? Very creative, spreading the field and utilizing simple check-down patterns for the QB. Keeping the game simple.

Or is that illegal?

Was thinking the same. I want us to run the hurry up too with tempo, not looking to the sidelines.

leaping with your shoulder into the helmet is also targeting. Pretty clueless

This game is entertaining but totally amateur hour on both sides

leaping with your shoulder into the helmet is also targeting. Pretty clueless

This game is entertaining but totally amateur hour on both sides

It is targeting. That's not what happened though.

Troy just tied it up with Clemson. 10-10 with 8 minutes left in the 2nd quarter.

Back