• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2016 College football thread

Really happy for Army. They have a chance to go 8-5. Best year in a long time

Seems like a good time to get Army off our schedule. Monken may be building them up like CPJ did at Navy

Houston getting ready to lose to San Diego State 34-10, after being up 10-0 in the first quarter. We might have been better off getting them in a bowl, when they're good they're good, but they sure can shit the bed too.

The DII title game on the deuce looks like they're playing in the North Pole.

Fournette to skip LSU's bowl game and McCaffrey to skip Standford's bowl game. Part of me hates that and thinks it's letting your team mates down big time by not being out there if you're otherwise fine to play, but then in a way I can see a guy saying it's not worth risking an injury before the draft in a meaningless bowl game. We remember how Chris Givens clearly didn't want to be playing in the Music City Bowl. It will be interesting if this starts a trend of NFL bound players doing this and where it would stop. If a player decides to skip the bowl game, what's to keep them from skipping the last game or 2 of the regular season if their team isn't isn't playing for postseason position?

Last edited:
Seems like both could use a huge bowl performance to boost their draft stock.

Haven't been watching, but BC has put up 36 on Maryland! So I guess either Maryland's defense is horrible or BC's defense has scored about 3 touchdowns. BC's offense was one of the few I saw this year that I thought was as bad as ours.

Last edited:
Maryland ran a BC pick inside the 10 and had the ball for for several minutes due to some BC sacks, MD penalties, and a BC face mask penalty to make it 1st and 10 from around the 15. MD later got to 2nd and goal from the 2 and fumbled the ball.

BC's highest scoring regular season FBS game was vs. Buffalo (35-3).

LOL. BC fumbled it back on the 7.

Back