• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2016 College football thread

I wish ND had consulted with Lohengrin before hiring a new DC.

So BC has already beaten MD and it looks like State is going to beat Vandy.
Good start for the ACC.
Looking at the rest of the bowl schedule, I think the ACC could win 8 bowl games, which would probably be the most for any conference.

Is lohengrin for real with this terrible argument he continues to push? Each of these teams scored 4 offensive TDs in this game. Again we haven't done that since October 2013. But our defense not making plays is the issue.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Last edited:
So BC has already beaten MD and it looks like State is going to beat Vandy.
Good start for the ACC.
Looking at the rest of the bowl schedule, I think the ACC could win 8 bowl games, which would probably be the most for any conference.
Happy for BC but my word why do we want State to win? Conference pride? Who cares? They are one of our chief rivals and this would've ensured them a losing season. Can't believe Carolina allowed this to happen.

Maryland ran a BC pick inside the 10 and had the ball for for several minutes due to some BC sacks, MD penalties, and a BC face mask penalty to make it 1st and 10 from around the 15. MD later got to 2nd and goal from the 2 and fumbled the ball.

BC's highest scoring regular season FBS game was vs. Buffalo (35-3).

SVP just chronicled the whole thing on SC. 12 snaps (includes penalties), 4:33 off the clock.

Former Wake decommit Alec Morris QBing for N Texas. Looks like he's had a pretty pedestrian season for the Mean Green. Likely would be better than Wolford tho.

Former Wake decommit Alec Morris QBing for N Texas. Looks like he's had a pretty pedestrian season for the Mean Green. Likely would be better than Wolford tho.

Morris was a neighbor and my son went to high school with him (Tx football power Allen HS). Said Alec was never totally committed to football. After riding the pine at Alabama for years he transferred back here locally to N Tx for his final year of eligibility. He started the season as the starter, was ineffective, and got benched. He played fairly well today. While I was disappointed when he decommitted to us, I don't think we missed much, especially given our O-line play the past few years.

Maybe it's time we toned down our criticism of Wolford. The kid played a remarkable game today until he was injured. He has given us everything he could give and overall has played well.

11 ACC teams will finish above .500 this season. Surely that has to be a record right?

We had a great DC. Unfortunately he couldn't make plays for them.

idjut.gif

Maybe it's time we toned down our criticism of Wolford. The kid played a remarkable game today until he was injured. He has given us everything he could give and overall has played well.

Well. I'm not a huge Wolford fan. However, given the Elrod fiasco, who knows what we could have done to this point. Really confusing. Even moreso based upon today's first-half performance.

Pitt-Northwestern is sloppy entertaining so far. Two goal line turnovers and a big goal line stand so far.

Well. I'm not a huge Wolford fan. However, given the Elrod fiasco, who knows what we could have done to this point. Really confusing. Even moreso based upon today's first-half performance.
Pretty much where I sit right now.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Usually I pull for Northwestern to do well since they're kind of underdogs against the big boys like us, but go Pitt, let's keep the ACC dominance this bowl season going!

If Pitt hadn't lost Peterman might've been able to pull it out

Cory Helms never getting that bowl win 😂😭😂😭

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Was wondering if he was the center for So Car. today. Guess he does have another year after sitting out.

Back