• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2016 College football thread

Womp, womp

I guess 1 sec would give them a stab at the end zone.

ecu games always fun to watch. lots of offense little to no defense and shaky special teams

Doeren is a complete fucking moron. Not sure what that says about Clawson (sp?), the offensive coordinator y'all have, Wake's limitations as a football school, or a combo of all three that we're still somehow better off than you guys. Might sound like a dickhead thing to say but I'm a bit drunk and every time I've seen wake play under Claws I've wonder how the fuck they continue with that dumb offense

Clemson-Troy game might actually be fixed.

Clemson runner fumbles at the goal line, Troy play grabs it runs the other way for an easy score. Whistle clearly doesn't blow until the Troy player is 5-10 yards down field and there is not even a review of the play. Awful

Clemson runner fumbles at the goal line, Troy play grabs it runs the other way for an easy score. Whistle clearly doesn't blow until the Troy player is 5-10 yards down field and there is not even a review of the play. Awful

Trust me. If Swofford has to walk on the fucking field himself and blow a whistle, Clemson WILL NOT lose against Troy. Millions of dollars are at stake. It ain't happening.

controversy as to whether that central mich play should have even happened

No team perceived as the lesser will ever win at Death Valley thanks to All the Officials. Exhibit 1: Wake Forest every other year.

No team perceived as the lesser will ever win at Death Valley thanks to All the Officials. Exhibit 1: Wake Forest every other year.

But didn't Troy bring the refs?
EDIT: Nevermind, I see it's ACC refs.

Last edited:
If the game should've been over before C. Michigan scored, that seems like an instance when a result could be overturned. That said, Central Michigan's TD was one for the ages.

If the game should've been over before C. Michigan scored, that seems like an instance when a result could be overturned. That said, Central Michigan's TD was one for the ages.
But the final result stood. Article 3b of the NCAA rulebook states: When the referee declares that the game is ended, the score is final.

"Despite the error, this will not change the outcome of the contest," Bill Carollo, the NCAA's coordinator of football officials, said in a statement released by the MAC.
http://collegefootball.ap.org/article/stunning-final-play-gives-central-michigan-win-over-okla-st

Back