• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2016 Football Recruiting Thread - Notes from NSD Press Conference and Reception

Great news about Kamara.

Also, Wakefield and Dortch are putting up some huge numbers.
Looking for them to be early offensive contributors

94, I also love your posts. Have you read anywhere on when Larry Collins may make a decision. I haven't seen much info on most of the recruiting sites concerning his timeframe. Closing the class with him would make for a solid class.

He's just trying to rustle some jimmies with that schtick. Don't believe he truly wants Claw fired. He is on record saying that Claw will never make it to a bowl game here, though.

This is correct. Claw slurp was way too high during the summer so I stuck it in there to rustle some jimmies. Mission accomplished.

BTW Maggio is out for year with injury. He has two games at most left, so I don't know if this is a month injury or longer. He didn't play Friday.

BTW Maggio is out for year with injury. He has two games at most left, so I don't know if this is a month injury or longer. He didn't play Friday.

Wish him a speedy recovery. Fired up he's going to be a Deac

Heck we're lucky to even win 4 games ever again here, it'll never get better than Grobe, we don't have the football history Duke does

What? The Duke football history which is worth a crap goes back to the 40's and 50's. Haven't won ACC since Spurrier. We beat them 11 straight .

I am more about the secondary than any other position on the team. How are we looking there next year? It seems like people are always open no matter how long the qb has for the opposing teams and we definitely need upgrades from the likes of Gaulden or Dancel.

I understand they were more than likely brought in hoping their experience would bye time for our young guys to grow and chance we can find two better undergrads this year.

Redd will come in a play early at safety. IDK about Masterson. Bassey needs to be good along with redshirt Amari Henderson.

12 sounds better than 11. We need to open a can on them in the last game too.

Clawson's Richmond ties paying off.

247 Sports ranks Kamara the top Wake recruit and now rates our class as the 41st best in the country.

So 94, any current thoughts on Stewart, Collins, or any others left on the board. Our staff deserves a lot of credit for putting this group of commits together. Hope we can keep them on signing day!

Not related to Wake but I thought this was interesting....

Army has 30 commits so far this year. 8 DBs, 0 OLs.
I know that everyone that goes to West Point is on scholarship, so their recruiting and scholarship limits are significantly different than most colleges.
It's also interesting that they have at least 30 guys that plan to play football
More power to 'em.

Awesome get. Where do we project the class being ranked in the final rankings?

As to Army, it's actually very difficult to play o-line at a service academy. A buddy from high school tried to do it. It's very hard to keep on the weight you need to be a D1 lineman while doing the exercise programs you are required to do as a cadet. I can see how they would have a hard time attracting lineman.

Awesome get. Where do we project the class being ranked in the final rankings?

247sports has our total rating right now at 171.5. Last year we finished at 174.82 and just outside the top 50. I think it's safe to say in the mid to low 50's is where we should end up if the class stays the way it does, at least on 247's rankings.

Also, a commit from Larry Collins would push us up to 175.38 in their rating system, which would land us at the exact same spot as last year #52. He would be the second highest ranked recruit in the class just behind Kamara.

Back