• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2016 Football Recruiting Thread - Notes from NSD Press Conference and Reception

I love the enthusiasm that the 2016 commits are showing. As an example here is a tweet yesterday from one of our top recruits in the class:

Zander Zimmer @zanderz34
I had an absolutely amazing weekend at Wake Forest and can't wait to come back! I am so proud to be a Demon Deacon! #GoDeacs

I love the enthusiasm that the 2016 commits are showing. As an example here is a tweet yesterday from one of our top recruits in the class:

Zander Zimmer @zanderz34
I had an absolutely amazing weekend at Wake Forest and can't wait to come back! I am so proud to be a Demon Deacon! #GoDeacs

+10
And I can't wait until Zander & Co get to campus next summer.
Expecting big things from these guys.

Wake commit Tyler Watson was offered by Illinois. Per the Twitter. That would be his second P5 offer. He adds that to a large number of non-P5 offers.

I saw on Twitter that Jamie Newman and Brandon Chapman are taking their official visits to Wake. Newman later tweeted a picture showing that Cade Carney, Dom Maggio and Traveon Redd are also there today. It’s probably same to assume they are taking their official visits as well.

At first, this struck me as odd. Last year most of our commits visited over two January weekends. This was helpful as the solid commits were used to firm up soft commits or help recruit the few uncommitted targets that made official visits. Then I realized that this particular group of commits are likely tracking to enroll for spring semester. I knew that already for Maggio and Chapman, and we have known for a while that Redd has been targeting spring semester. If we can get this group of five enrolled in January, I think that will be a big win for the program. If they are indeed on track I think this is great news.

However, perhaps the biggest news is that multiple outlets are reporting that Sulaiman Kamara is also at Wake this weekend. Fingers crossed.

Would also be great to get those 5 guys enrolled in the spring.

Back