• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2016 Football Recruiting Thread - Notes from NSD Press Conference and Reception

Maybe he doesn't want to run up the middle on a fucking delayed handoff every play

We have a stable of running backs . Add Reid and Carney to this years crew. Fuck him and Harry Giles too.

Odd situation. I thought he was a soft commit until very recently when he started signaling that he was solid. Then he decommits during a game and starts following multiple coaches from Miami, Georgia, UNC, Auburn, Florida, Florida State and Ohio State. It will be interesting to see if any of those coaches follow him back.

He also started following a number of Twitter accounts that help market recruits. He may be dropping Wake without other options really available right now.

Reminds me of guys in the Wake locker room that used to talk about how classes were BS and they wouldn't need them in the League.

This was a worry for some time. Sucks for us but seems like he's likely played himself into a better situation.

It sucks but I guess RB is probably one of our positions with the most depth at the moment.

Is this really that big of a deal. 94 was worried about it for a while now. Move on

Deac94, obviously there is no way of knowing for sure, but with this de-committ, do you think we use the scholarship this year or roll it to next year? I know we are probably still going hard after Collins either way. I also know we are over the limit with ships for this year. I wonder if the staff still has some high value targets that may be worth a go at.

Wakefield didn't say whether he was still considering Wake of not.

I confirmed with a Vandy site that he is very much on the radar there. Not sure whether he has a spot or not but he is being heavily recruited. It's possible that Vanderbilt is a fallback option if his efforts to attract interest from Florida, UGA, Auburn, FSU, UNC, Ohio State etc comes up short.

He probably saw freshman Tyler Bell playing well and looked at the deph chart. He's no Rocky Reid and Colburn is a nice back too.

Back