• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2016 Football Recruiting Thread - Notes from NSD Press Conference and Reception

Can you explain how a team wins 14-0 in OT?

I don't know how this game ended, but this is how it could end up 14-0 in OT.
0-0 at end of regulation.
Team A scores first.... A TD and a 2 point conversion. Score is now 8-0.
team B then gets the ball. Team A intercepts and runs it back for a TD. 14-0 and game is over.

team B then gets the ball. Team A intercepts and runs it back for a TD. 14-0 and game is over.

You are correct. The score of the game in question was 26-20. I guess 14-0 is EA's current record. I'm a bit slow after all the turkey and football over the last few days.

You are correct. The score of the game in question was 26-20. I guess 14-0 is EA's current record. I'm a bit slow after all the turkey and football over the last few days.

This was kinda like a brain teaser to figure out while my brain wanders while watching 4 games at the same time......

Because he is a tweener size wise: 6'2 215 lbs. I would wish he would get a shot at QB, but he will probably be a safety. He is on the Shrine Bowl team as a "athlete". He could play RB too-4.5 40. He also returns punts.

Above all, he is a winner. EA Is 27-1 last two seasons.

Yeah but where are the offers.

I have kept checking John Lamot's Twitter account every once and a while because of mebanedeac's posts. Week after week there was zero recruiting activity from schools at any level. Zero. However recently he has added followers that are coaches at Vandy, UNC, App State, Syracuse and BC. Those still aren't offers, but evidence that he is legitimately on the radar of some P5 schools.

Greg Dortch and Highland Springs beat Hermitage 42-35 thanks to a last-second TD. Highland Springs will host Indiana River with a spot in the state finals on the line.

Another great turnout yesterday from the 2016 class. In attendance for the game were: Jamie Newman, Jeremiah Brown, Cade Carney, Taleni Suhren, Je'Vionte Nash, LaRonde Liverpool and Dom Maggio.

I continue to be impressed at how often the recruits in this class have travelled to Wake (starting last summer). It's possible that Jamie Newman attended every home game, but I don't know that for sure.

No - I don't think this is right as the change of possession would end the game immediately.

No - I don't think this is right as the change of possession would end the game immediately.

I think the game ends at the end of the play, which in Dekin's example was a pick-6 ending in a defensive TD. This is the same hypothetical that I had come up with to explain a hypothetical 14-0 OT score.

Theoretically the intercepting player could fumble the ball.

Exactly.

If a team has a pick 6 on the first possession of OT, they don't have to kneel four times during their possession, right?

I'm kind of surprised that no one has pointed out that in a year of unprecedented coaching turnover, we have very few scholarships left to offer. We aren't really in a position to try to take advantage of the situation.

I have kept checking John Lamot's Twitter account every once and a while because of mebanedeac's posts. Week after week there was zero recruiting activity from schools at any level. Zero. However recently he has added followers that are coaches at Vandy, UNC, App State, Syracuse and BC. Those still aren't offers, but evidence that he is legitimately on the radar of some P5 schools.

His brother seems buried on the depth charts at Wake after 2 or 3 years. At the time, he was a highly regarded athlete as he was a hurdler in high school but then bulked up. Not sure if Ali is a DL or LB at this point, but next year would be his time to shine. Maybe older bro is not too hot on Wake after his experience, but that is just speculation.

I'm kind of surprised that no one has pointed out that in a year of unprecedented coaching turnover, we have very few scholarships left to offer. We aren't really in a position to try to take advantage of the situation.

I pointed it out on the coaching change thread.

Saw that UNC already flipped a VT commit.

If we are planning to greyshirt a few players, maybe we ask a few more to greyshirt if we can poach some recruits.

Hopefully, the staff can figure out a way to flip a few guys they wanted all along and decided to go elsewhere. Not sure what the numbers are, but hope they have someine working on it. Then again, maybe we are happy with what we have or have had no interest expressed from commits at other schools

Back