• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2016 Football Recruiting Thread - Notes from NSD Press Conference and Reception

Correct. I think Stanford's admissions requirements for athletes are well beyond what any other P5 program is using. Someone can correct me if I am wrong. For starters, recruits need to be taking a certain number of AP classes. I recall a quote from an SEC coach saying they had NEVER had a single recruit that was enrolled in an AP class. So it really limits who Stanford can recruit.

Football recruits first tweet that they are committed to Stanford, and then later on they tweet whether they were accepted by Stanford admissions. It is pretty crazy.

Dayam :eek::eek::eek:

So what's our excuse?

We don't win. We don't receive bowl rings. If I was a straight A student, I'd choose Stanford. They have an Engineering program and better ties to Silicon Valley and we have ......?

Correct. I think Stanford's admissions requirements for athletes are well beyond what any other P5 program is using. Someone can correct me if I am wrong. For starters, recruits need to be taking a certain number of AP classes. I recall a quote from an SEC coach saying they had NEVER had a single recruit that was enrolled in an AP class. So it really limits who Stanford can recruit.

Football recruits first tweet that they are committed to Stanford, and then later on they tweet whether they were accepted by Stanford admissions. It is pretty crazy.

TheReff assures me this is not the case.

I remember Chris Paul saying that Stanford coach told him that he couldn't offer him a scholarship because he had a D in freshman English. Not that CP was ever going there, but he said that conversation really put things into perspective for him on how every little thing matters in life.

Jameis Winston says, "Hey."

Emmanuel Walker and Lake Marion getting destroyed 42-0 in the 3rd quarter of the State Semis by undefeated Dillon.

Tra Redd and Magna Vista won 54-14 today over Staunton River. They advance to the State Semis next week.

C. Beal has a 6-yard TD catch and an 11-yard TD run as E. Forsyth leads late in the 4th over West Forsyth, 31-6.

John Lamot and Easttern Alamance win again: 14-0.

Lamot scored winning TD in OT.

We need to offer this kid. His stats are crazy.

247 lists him as an Elon commit. They also have Elon listed as his only offer.

mebane has been hyping him up for years yet he got one offer. Could all of those coaches and scouts be wrong?

Beal had 19 carries for 121 yards and a TD, and 4 catches for 23 yards and a TD. E. Forsyth plays #6 seed Mallard Creek (12-2) in the state semis next week.

Tra Redd had 5 catches for 41 yards in Magna Vista's 54-14 romp. The play 12-1 Lord Botetourt in state semis.

Greg Dortch and Highland Springs play Sulaiman Kamara and #2 Hermitage tonight

Beal had 19 carries for 121 yards and a TD, and 4 catches for 23 yards and a TD. E. Forsyth plays #6 seed Mallard Creek (12-2) in the state semis next week.

Tra Redd had 5 catches for 41 yards in Magna Vista's 54-14 romp. The play 12-1 Lord Botetourt in state semis.

Greg Dortch and Highland Springs play Sulaiman Kamara and #2 Hermitage tonight

Can someone post which RS JR were on the field for senior day recognition?

mebane has been hyping him up for years yet he got one offer. Could all of those coaches and scouts be wrong?

True, but how many offers did Nikita Whitlock have or Riley Skinner? So, Yes they could be...

True, but how many offers did Nikita Whitlock have or Riley Skinner? So, Yes they could be...
The percentages are against you. It's gonna take more than a poster on a message board to get that offer. There's a reason Whitlock and Skinner were offered and it's not because of us (posters).

Lamot has over 2500 yds passing and over 2000 yds rushing this season. He plays in a 3A conference that had 3 teams in state quarterfinals. He has 20 TDs passing and 37 rushing. Match that against anyone we have recruited.

And he plays safety when needed.

Lamot has over 2500 yds passing and over 2000 yds rushing this season. He plays in a 3A conference that had 3 teams in state quarterfinals. He has 20 TDs passing and 37 rushing. Match that against anyone we have recruited.

And he plays safety when needed.

Then why is no one else offering?

Then why is no one else offering?

Because he is a tweener size wise: 6'2 215 lbs. I would wish he would get a shot at QB, but he will probably be a safety. He is on the Shrine Bowl team as a "athlete". He could play RB too-4.5 40. He also returns punts.

Above all, he is a winner. EA Is 27-1 last two seasons.

Because he is a tweener size wise: 6'2 215 lbs. I would wish he would get a shot at QB, but he will probably be a safety. He is on the Shrine Bowl team as a "athlete". He could play RB too-4.5 40. He also returns punts.

Above all, he is a winner. EA Is 27-1 last two seasons.

So was Ted Stachitas.

Back