• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2016 GOP Primary Mafia - Mafia wins

Eagles_Legendz

Reaction score
Caucus-goers, welcome to Iowa and the beginning of the race to secure the 2016 GOP nomination. Each of you have been assigned a role to fulfill to attempt to bring your faction a victory for the good of the American people. Some of the roles in this game are candidates in the election, while others are things or ideas. The mafia has been given "safe claims" of candidates or ideas who just weren't dedicated enough to make America great again. To give the claims weight these will be major people or things who you might expect to be in the game, so an idea that player X is telling the truth about the claim because of course that character would be in the game is misguided. Guessing the alignment of a character in a blind game tends to be futile, so do so at your own risk, with the exception of one rich, loud, and slightly tinted man at the center, who I will inform the masses in advance is an independent and wins only by eliminating all of the mafia, and gets to a 1-1 ratio or better with the civilians. Not every player will have powers & not every power that is a traditional civilian power will be attached to a civilian role.

Certain characters will have conditions associated with their roles that go beyond their normal powers (or lack thereof). Example: if Lindsey Graham exists in the game, and something occurs to fulfill a role requirement, he may surge in the polls and his role may be amplified.

There are 5 mafia, 17 civilians, and 1 independent. There is one civilian role who is recruitable, but that player is unaware that he is a recruit. For the rest of the roles, what your role says is what it means. There are no hidden conditions but there are roles that could impact the accuracy and viability of powers.

There are a handful of roles that are simply phrased as follows:

You are an Iowan caucus goer (civ). You have no power & win with the town.

I apologize if you receive a role of this nature, but it is necessary for the balance of the game. It is being published so that mafia can potentially use it as a claim as well.

RULES

1. NEVER edit a post. Editing = Administrative Assassination. Deleting = Editing.
2. If you miss one vote, that's cool. Don't do it again, because if you miss two, you die, regardless of your role. DO NOT MISS A VOTE. If you know you are going to be gone, or if there is a chance you might be gone, you can PM the moderator with your desired vote ahead of time. Votes proxied in this manner will be effective, but should be used sparingly.
3. No "night" posting. While leniency will be given, if you violate this, I reserve the right to admin assassinate you. End of discussion.
4. Vote by typing a player name in BOLD or with Stars around it in your post. For example, I think ***QT*** is mafia. If you later want to change your vote, DO NOT EDIT (see Rule #1). Instead, make a new post that says "***Switching from QT to BKMalik.***" Short names are fine, such as Smiley instead of MisterSmiley, but posting names in some other cryptic fashion (say, backwards?) isn't cool, and won't count. TO BOLD: [ b ] Words [ / b ], but obviously, take the spaces out. Or use the little bold button, because this forum has good software.
5. Votes count through the end of the deadline minute. Timestamps of 10:00 count; timestamps of 10:01 do not.
6. NO POSTING OR DISCUSSION OF PMs and/or emails, ever. You can't say "look, here is proof I am the angel, this is the PM/email from Smiley," etc. You will immediately be Admin Assassinated. SERIOUSLY, DO NOT EVEN SAY "PM" IN YOUR POST EVER. Follow the rules in your PM closely and, if you feel the want to toe the line, PM me first.
7. OVERTIME: If the lynch vote is tied at the deadline, there will be a 10 minute overtime. If the tie is not broken during OT, ALL PLAYERS IN THE OT TIE WILL BE RNG'd TO DETERMINE WHO DIES. Anyone can change votes in overtime, not just those who voted for a player in the tie.
8. You cannot vote for yourself, and there is no such thing as an active no-vote at the conclusion of a round. You can "switch to no vote" during a round, but you must switch again submitting a name before the round ends or it will be considered a “missed vote” for purposes of elimination.
9. Instant majorities are in effect. If I am not around, it will be twilight and all players EXCEPT the one who has been majoritied may continue in discussion. NO MAJORITY LYNCHES WILL HAPPEN WITH FIVE OR FEWER PLAYERS REMAINING.
10. Specials with night moves have until 15 minutes after the night is called to send me their moves; ALL PLAYERS BE PATIENT.
11. ALL PLAYERS WERE SENT A PM, IF YOU DID NOT RECEIVE A PM, PLEASE LET ME KNOW ASAP
12. I will inevitably screw something up. I might apologize. You will deal with it. We will move on and try to enjoy this game.

Order of operations is standard for this game - hits are concurrent unless your role says otherwise, investigations occur last, etc.

Lastly, as our Republican compatriots so often like to rail about, this game will likely not be entirely PC, so make sure you proceed only on a secure network.

CoverStory-6-1-15-690-946-22120133.jpg

Last edited:
Player List (will be updated as game progresses)

1. MM
2. redwing - recruit dead n5
3. tsy - Iowa caucus-goer, civ, hit n2
4. numbers - Wall, bg, hit n1
5. knight- trump dead d5
6. doofus
7. island - illegal immigrants, Mafia RB, dead
8. ph - Iowa caucus-goer, civ, lynched d1
9. timdunk - Clinton, Mafia dead d4
10. jman - Iowa caucus-goer, civ, dead
11. rsf - Rand Paul, civ lynched d6
12. boston - Cruz cop dead n4
13. rocket- caucus goer dead n5
14. hammer - Mafia dead n3
15. deac6 - Iowa caucus-goer, civ, lynched d2
16. toog - Iowa caucus-goer, civ, hit n3
17. Da
18. romanov - caucus goer dead n4
19. jtp- Mafia dead n4
20. tejas - Mike Huckabee, civ mason, role redacted, lynched d3.
21. sd3
22. Nonny
23. gouda - NRA, civ hit n6

It is now day. Day 1 ends at 10:30am. Please PM me if you have any questions. Any vote count help is appreciated. Good luck and go vote.

Last edited:
Doofus (1) - MM
Gouda (2) - tejas, Da
Ph (1) - redwing
Tsy (1) - island
Knight (1) - numbers
Toog (1) - Jtp
Timdunk (1) - tsy

If wtw was the minors and the suque was is majors, wtf is this league?

Back