• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2016 GOP Primary Mafia - Mafia wins

This thread would be at 20 pages by now if it were on the suque. Thank God Work Forest burned you guys out.

Well and most of us possess jobs that we have to attend on monday mornings ;)

Yes, numbers, we all now how busy it is being a failed meteorologist/amateur chicken little.

Aren't most meteorologists failures though? So I don't think it really matters.

Probably a good point. Actually the models were largely accurate for the last storm. The consensus of the models was within 25 miles north/south of where the storm would hit (the 25 miles just happened to be in NC so people on here got a little bitter).

Probably a good point. Actually the models were largely accurate for the last storm. The consensus of the models was within 25 miles north/south of where the storm would hit (the 25 miles just happened to be in NC so people on here got a little bitter).
I'm sure I've mentioned this before, but a cousin is a professor of meteorology, and has professed that predicting weather in the Piedmont of NC is the most difficult region of the US, because of the height of the Appalachian Mountains in NC. They arent high enough to block most systems like the Rockies, so there's always a guess of what will make it over the mountains vs stalling out.

Da's stack on Gouda is interesting. Rommy's callout on MM is good - it'll be nice to see how that reaction folds out.

JTP is a game ruiner and should be voted out.

***JTP***

I'm running my spreadsheet, so I'll try to keep votes. I have no idea how you do that on your phone, Eagles.

Gouda (2) - Tejas, Da
MM (2) - Hammer, Rommy
Ph (2) - Redwing, Rocket
TSY - Island
Toogs - JTP
Doofus - MM
Knight - Numbers
TimDunk - TSY
RSF - Boston
Numbers - Doofus
JTP - Knight

lol

"game ruiner"

I'm sure I've mentioned this before, but a cousin is a professor of meteorology, and has professed that predicting weather in the Piedmont of NC is the most difficult region of the US, because of the height of the Appalachian Mountains in NC. They arent high enough to block most systems like the Rockies, so there's always a guess of what will make it over the mountains vs stalling out.

Yeah as I'm sure most are aware on here, the storms that come in a little further south before heading North when they get to the coast are much easier to predict/project.

I do largely think meteorology is interesting, but I enjoy things that use models with good predictive value.

Da's stack on Gouda is interesting. Rommy's callout on MM is good - it'll be nice to see how that reaction folds out.

JTP is a game ruiner and should be voted out.

***JTP***

I'm running my spreadsheet, so I'll try to keep votes. I have no idea how you do that on your phone, Eagles.

Gouda (2) - Tejas, Da
MM (2) - Hammer, Rommy
Ph (2) - Redwing, Rocket
TSY - Island
Toogs - JTP
Doofus - MM
Knight - Numbers
TimDunk - TSY
RSF - Boston
Numbers - Doofus
JTP - Knight

Civ post

Re: being "explainey," Doofus hoodwinked the hell out of me last game. Who the heck else would I vote for on Day 1?

Yeah as I'm sure most are aware on here, the storms that come in a little further south before heading North when they get to the coast are much easier to predict/project.

I do largely think meteorology is interesting, but I enjoy things that use models with good predictive value.
#KenPom

"For KenPom to be believed, Wake would have to be a bottom three team in the ACC and there's just no way that's reality."

#eyetest #KenPom'd #anecdotes

I vote for Toogs.

I tried playing on the old terp board once and it was a nightmare to keep up with. There would be an average of like 60 pages per day plus I didn't know anyone so it was harder to track votes.

I'm hoping 538 will release a new version of their elections podcast sometime during the work day today so I can get my #nerdhat on for tonight.

Back