• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2016 Masters Contest - BostonDeac wins!

I'd be willing to bet that Spieth shook Willet's hand and offered him congratulations off camera.

Last edited:
Yeah, I'm not down on Spieth. That was the equivalent of Norman putting the jacket on Faldo had he won the prior year. His mind was somewhere else. He did it and did a pretty darn good job answering the media's questions.

Edited to add Willet's brother was quite risible on twitter.

http://www.golfchannel.com/news/gri...-hilariously-live-tweets-masters-final-round/

Lol, Maybe Willett is not that bad. He brother seems cool at least.

P J Willett ‎@P_J_Willett
Spieth is lining up his putt. If I'm quick I can get a beer, go to the toilet, and paint the spare room b4 he hits it.#TheMasters #bbcgolf

Spieth is really slow, but ironically he seemed to rush on the 12th.

Sounds now like it was an execution problem not a planning problem. He must have blocked that short iron by 15-20 yards. That's a pretty wide miss for a pro with a short iron. The fat chili dip into the pond was even worse. And yeah, it did seem like he hit that a bit quick.

But I do love Willet's brother tweeting about how slow Jordan is.

These guys are robots because they have to be. But even someone as programmed as Spieth could not avoid shutting down when number 12 was happening to him. It is amazing in this day of 7500 yard courses a 158 yard par three can wreck a guy playing at that level. And the famously difficult breeze there wasn't even an issue.

I'm sure this has been said a million times already, but, man, if DJ could putt he would be the best player in the world.

I feel like if Tiger had hit the 2nd shot on 15 that DJ hit yesterday, the media would still be talking about it. It was ridiculous.

Sounds now like it was an execution problem not a planning problem. He must have blocked that short iron by 15-20 yards. That's a pretty wide miss for a pro with a short iron.

That's been his miss this year. He said he had a problem with right misses at the match play, and his bad swings do seem to leave him in a block push position. Tough way to lose it, but he is so consistent it is hard to imagine he won't bounce back immediately.

I'm sure this has been said a million times already, but, man, if DJ could putt he would be the best player in the world.

I feel like if Tiger had hit the 2nd shot on 15 that DJ hit yesterday, the media would still be talking about it. It was ridiculous.

I couldn't believe they didn't show that shot again. I was convinced he was laying up when the ball was in the air. As impressive as Phil's shot on 13, but of course we'll never see the shot again because he can't putt.

12990865_10209414492703132_6168201778655407504_n.jpg

Back