• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2016 Masters Contest - BostonDeac wins!

Sleepy

Joakim Blom
Reaction score
THE MASTERS, a tradition unlike any other

FORMAT: Listed below are most of the golfers participating in the The Masters. You need to pick 6 of them with a total value of 400 or more. Pick carefully - your team will end up "missing the cut" if more than two of your golfers miss the cut in the event! To make your selections, send me a PM with the golfers' names and point values.

SCORING: Your score will be the aggregate of your best four golfers. Since you have to have at least four scores counting, if more than two of your golfers miss the cut, so does your team. There are also "bonus points" at the end of the tournament. If you've got the champion golfer on your team, it's -5. The runner-up gets you -3, and having the third-place golfer gets you -1 off your score.

DEADLINE: All entries must be sent to me by 8:00 AM Thursday, April 7th.

Live Updating Spreadsheet:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/1wxzczaftjfwdsx/Masters%202016.xls?dl=0

Click the link, then "download" in the top right corner, then "direct download". You will have to have the file open in Excel (not dropbox) with Data Connections enabled for it to auto-refresh.

Top Players:

Golfer Points
Jason Day 7
Rory McIlroy 8
Jordan Spieth 9
Adam Scott 10
Bubba Watson 10
Rickie Fowler 15
Dustin Johnson 18
Phil Mickelson 18
Justin Rose 25
Henrik Stenson 25
Louis Oosthuizen 30
Charl Schwartzel 35
Hideki Matsuyama 40
Patrick Reed 40
Zach Johnson 50
Brandt Snedeker 50
Sergio Garcia 60
Danny Willett 60
Paul Casey 70
Branden Grace 75
Brooks Koepka 75
Marc Leishman 75
Jimmy Walker 75
Rafa Cabrera Bello 80
Matt Kuchar 80
Bill Haas 100
Ryan Moore 100
Jason Dufner 125
Kevin Kisner 125
Andy Sullivan 125
Justin Thomas 125

Other Players - Each worth 150 Points:

Golfer
Byeong-Hun An
Kiradech Aphibarnrat
Derek Bard
Daniel Berger
Steven Bowditch
Keegan Bradley
Angel Cabrera
Paul Chaplet
Darren Clarke
Fred Couples
Bryson DeChambeau
Jamie Donaldson
Victor Dubuisson
Ernie Els
Harris English
Matthew Fitzpatrick
Fabian Gomez
Emiliano Grillo
Jim Herman
Charley Hoffman
J.B. Holmes
Billy Horschel
Trevor Immelman
Thongchai Jaidee
Cheng Jin
Smylie Kaufman
Martin Kaymer
Chris Kirk
Soren Kjeldsen
Russell Knox
Anirban Lahiri
Romain Langasque
Bernhard Langer
Danny Lee
David Lingmerth
Davis Love III
Shane Lowry
Sandy Lyle
Hunter Mahan
Graeme McDowell
Troy Merritt
Larry Mize
Kevin Na
Mark O'Meara
Scott Piercy
Ian Poulter
Sammy Schmitz
Webb Simpson
Vijay Singh
Cameron Smith
Robert Streb
Kevin Streelman
Vaughn Taylor
Tom Watson
Mike Weir
Lee Westwood
Bernd Wiesberger
Chris Wood
Ian Woosnam

Last edited:
There is one great 150-point choice on the list. Don't know why he isn't listed at around 50-60 points or so. (And it's not Cabrera....who is also a good value at 150.)

Wow, some great values in different places. This is going to be difficult.

And thanks again Sleepy!

Hope Webb plays well enough to earn an invite back for next year, I think his Open exemption ends this season correct?

Zach Jonson had been giving a press conference on Golf Channel here at the bar where I'm eating lunch. No idea what he's saying, but he looks confident.

Zach Jonson had been giving a press conference on Golf Channel here at the bar where I'm eating lunch. No idea what he's saying, but he looks confident.

Are they calling for tons of rain this week? That's the only way he's winning this thing. Don't get me wrong - I have always liked Zach. But he ain't winning on a fast track.

Answered my own question. Sunny and mid 60s - mid 70s all week there with rain very likely on Thursday but not other than that. I'll take that to mean it'll mostly favor the bombers there, as if bombers needed any more help on that course.

And it's more difficult than I thought at 1st picking a team. Most of the big names are in good form, and there are 7 150 guys I'm trying to pick between.

is jb holmes playing? he hurt my fantasy team last week in houston by withdrawing

is jb holmes playing? he hurt my fantasy team last week in houston by withdrawing

Yeah, he's 1 of the 150s. Even though he's a left to right player, he's long, and he's 1 of the guys I was thinking about picking. He would be my guess as to who bkf was referring to. Why did he withdraw in Houston?

Back