• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2016 Masters Contest - BostonDeac wins!

There is one great 150-point choice on the list. Don't know why he isn't listed at around 50-60 points or so. (And it's not Cabrera....who is also a good value at 150.)

The one outlier I saw "should" be listed around 90. I didn't see anyone at 150 that would make any sense around 50-60.

I think Sleepy did a great job w/ the point totals... My favorite teams all came in around 390 or 395, which made for some tough choices due to having to get to 400(+).

Hunter Mahan?

I can no longer support Hunter Mahan after he withdrew from a turnament for the birth of his child. Dude left a million dollars off the table he should have used to provide a more fulfilling life for his family. Besides its not like he could really help by being there anyways.

He also wears goofy hats, I can't stand by that.

The one outlier I saw "should" be listed around 90. I didn't see anyone at 150 that would make any sense around 50-60.

I think Sleepy did a great job w/ the point totals... My favorite teams all came in around 390 or 395, which made for some tough choices due to having to get to 400(+).

He is basically just taking the consensus official line on each golfer to win, which can be found on any one of several booking sites....maybe with a few very minor tweaks. The numbers aren't really a mystery, to be honest.

He is basically just taking the consensus official line on each golfer to win, which can be found on any one of several booking sites....maybe with a few very minor tweaks. The numbers aren't really a mystery, to be honest.

No shit.

Well, you're the one who said he did a "great job with the numbers". That comment would indicate that some kind of special effort was necessary to arrive at the correct numbers. I was just pointing out that it was mostly a given thing. Look, Sleepy does a great job running this contest every year. I've posted that I think it is the single best thing we have on these boards....but coming up with each player's odds number is mostly automatic.

Reading comprehension is always helpful.

Last edited:
Well, you're the one who said he did a "great job with the numbers". That comment would indicate that some kind of special effort was necessary to arrive at the correct numbers. I was just pointing out that it was mostly a given thing. Look, Sleepy does a great job running this contest every year. I've posted that I think it is the single best thing we have on these boards....but coming up with each player's odds number is mostly automatic.

Reading comprehension is always helpful.

There are minor variations from the odds. Which is why you can say someone should be in the 50-60s vs 150.

There is a little bit of effort that comes into turning the odds into a point format... Especially, I'd imagine, in where you make the 125 vs 150 cutoff.

I'm in a number of pools like this. Sleepy's points (and the 400 minimum) are just a slightly different format. And I think it works better than most.

I think the winning selections have just been sent to Sleepy

There are minor variations from the odds. Which is why you can say someone should be in the 50-60s vs 150.

There is a little bit of effort that comes into turning the odds into a point format... Especially, I'd imagine, in where you make the 125 vs 150 cutoff.

I'm in a number of pools like this. Sleepy's points (and the 400 minimum) are just a slightly different format. And I think it works better than most.

Sleepy deserves all the credit in the world for coming up with this idea...the scoring system, scoring the four majors individually & wrapping the entire thing in an overall year-long contest for the four combined. Brilliant idea that took a tremendous amount of thought and effort....not to mention all the work he does in running the thing every year.

Once again, I think it's the best thing anyone has ever done on these boards.

ETA: You got my 150-point "hot pick" and my reasons for it in a PM. He may flop this year...but he's got a great resume at Augusta for a 150-point player. Plus, next to Ian Poultar, he's about my favorite golfer there, so I will be pulling hard for the two of them.

Last edited:
I feel really good about my picks, which obviously means that they're gonna be shit this week.

Sent you my picks. Sure to probably not make the cut, but...

Thanks for doing the tournament.

Yep. I wanted Louis at 30, but that put me at 397. I had to sub him out for Charl at 35. Dammit.

Yep. I wanted Louis at 30, but that put me at 397. I had to sub him out for Charl at 35. Dammit.

I stuck w/ Oosthuizen and just went a little further down the list on the other end (which cost me Koepka).

I agree with Deac6... Love my picks (which historically has meant crash and burn).

Back