• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2016 Masters Contest - BostonDeac wins!

No, bkf's pick is going to be a foreigner.

I get you, but who? The only good foreigners in really good form right now are An and Aphibarnrat. I wouldn't call either great, but both are certainly worth considering as 150s.

If I had to guess, I'd say Poulter. Hated by most people here, so bkf will love that, and he has had 3 top 10s at Augusta this decade. Westwood is also a possibility.

If I had to guess, I'd say Poulter. Hated by most people here, so bkf will love that, and he has had 3 top 10s at Augusta this decade. Westwood is also a possibility.
Let the record show I put both Poulter and Holmes on my team prior to all these posts.

Ha. I take it as a compliment that "There is one great 150-point choice on the list.", but everyone disagrees on who it is.

That being said, Vijay Singh has some good value. Champion. Has what it takes. And its been awhile since a black guy has won.

What decade are we in?

Any possibility that Tiger pulled out because he thinks his buddy Mark O'Meara is going to have a big week and he wouldn't want to rain on his parade? Could be some value there.

Is this like that Mafia BS they do over on The Pit ?

Sergio Garcia

not-sure-if-serious-jpg.843912

For Round 1, Bill Haas is playing with Rory and Martin Kaymer. Last group of the day on Thursday. Lots of TV time.

Did anyone watch Bill during match play? I heard that he was especially slow. Thought that was odd considering his normal pace of play isn't bad.

For Round 1, Bill Haas is playing with Rory and Martin Kaymer. Last group of the day on Thursday. Lots of TV time.

With the bad weather supposed to be Thu a.m., that could be a nice advantage for Bill. And everyone else playing Thu p.m. and Fri a.m.

Per Weather Channel:
9am Thursday 60 degrees, 5% chance of rain, 13 mph wind
4pm Thursday 73 degrees, 0% chance of rain, 21 mph wind

Wouldn't you want to play in the morning given those conditions?

Per Weather Channel:
9am Thursday 60 degrees, 5% chance of rain, 13 mph wind
4pm Thursday 73 degrees, 0% chance of rain, 21 mph wind

Wouldn't you want to play in the morning given those conditions?

Yes. But the last I had seen was a much higher chance of rain in the a.m. and didn't realize the winds were picking up that much in the afternoon. Now I have to rethink the picks I was about to make.

Edited to add that TWC says 40% chance of early morning rain and winds getting up to 20 mph Thu afternoon, Fri & Sat. That's a lot of wind before a nice day on Sun. And I'm having trouble remembering who some of the better wind players are.

Last edited:
Back