• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2016 Panthers Thread: MOVING ON

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hopefully we can find a way to get two of the tallest WR's in the game to actually get the ball. FFS that's infuriating.

You mean long fade routes aren't the way to go for those guys? A couple more quarters and we had those guys.

Looks like once the Saints beat the Falcs we'll be tied for the lead in the division. And we faced the two best defenses in the lig. Stop your bitching erryone.

AAAAAAND we def could have/should have beaten both the broncos and Vikings. I don't think either team is that good. shula is an idiot sometimes.

Everyone needs to chill out. We played two of the three best defenses in the league to start the season (Philly is the other, imo)

They also passed around bulletins saying they wouldn't let anyone, including the players, into the game. Not a success

A very real possibility the Panthers will be 2-4 when they welcome the Cards to town. That one will be key. Can't afford a loss to the Cardinals at home followed by a trip out west to play the (albeit 7-9 bound) Rams.

I'm not sure what you've seen that makes you think we're about to go 1-2 against our defenseless brethren in the NFC South. 3-0 waaaaaay more likely than 1-2, IMO, with 2-1 the most likely outcome.

I do like we get @ ATL first, we'll be p'oed

Last edited:
I'm not sure what you've seen that makes you think we're about to go 1-2 against our defenseless brethren in the NFC South. 3-0 waaaaaay more likely than 1-2, IMO, with 2-1 the most likely outcome.

I do like we get @ ATL first, we'll be p'oed

How about the fact that this team quits? In both the Minn and Den games, the Panthers DOMINATED the first half only to give up in the 2nd after the opposing team punched back. A little blood in the face and this team just seems to give up. Superbowl slump appears real.

How about the fact that this team quits? In both the Minn and Den games, the Panthers DOMINATED the first half only to give up in the 2nd after the opposing team punched back. A little blood in the face and this team just seems to give up. Superbowl slump appears real.

Yep. They wasted opportunities in the first as well. The SF game restored their overconfidence that they could score at will. Same with the opening drive and then a great D shut things down.

Again, I think the elite defenses we faced had a little to do with this.

Nothing new here, but we need some OT depth. Remmers and Oher play basically every snap and they get worn down facing these elite pass rushers. Against MIN and DEN they did fairly well early in the game, but the later stages have been a DISASTER!

We also probably win that game yesterday if not for KB's block in the back. I don't think the Vikes come back from 15 down, and I think Fozz could've made that guy miss even without it

I didn't follow the thread closely, but people had to be upset about the horse collar sack right? Seemed pretty clear and it was ridiculous neither Myers nor Barber (although not shocking on his part) even acknowledged it on replay.

Edit as I typed I remembered it doesn't apply to QBs in the pocket

I didn't follow the thread closely, but people had to be upset about the horse collar sack right? Seemed pretty clear and it was ridiculous neither Myers nor Barber (although not shocking on his part) even acknowledged it on replay.

If I'm thinking about the same play I'm pretty sure he grabbed his jersey where the name is and didn't actually horse collar him.

It's only a horse collar tackle if you are using your weight to drag the ball carrier down from behind with your hand between their shoulder blades....the way Cam was twisted trying to avoid the sack on that play, it did not fit the definition of a true horse collar tackle, so no flag was the correct call (one of the few they seemed to actually get right yesterday).

If I'm thinking about the same play I'm pretty sure he grabbed his jersey where the name is and didn't actually horse collar him.

Yeah. It definitely looked like a horse collar in real time, but upon replay, the guy just somehow managed to hold onto Cam's jersey and pull him down. Horse collars are only for when a player uses the inside of the shoulder pads to take someone down. It was one of the few good calls/no calls all game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back