• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2016 Panthers Thread: MOVING ON

Status
Not open for further replies.
Serious question, has there ever been a white RB that had objectively elite athleticism?

like 10 years ago this was the donks argument against black QBs
Sure thing. Now that he has broken the color barrier I look forward to more white players being given the opportunity to play running back.

*checks amateur football at every level from pee-wee to D1

Hey wait a minute, white people have been playing RB all along since literally the beginning of football

Sure thing. Now that he has broken the color barrier I look forward to more white players being given the opportunity to play running back.

*checks amateur football at every level from pee-wee to D1

Hey wait a minute, white people have been playing RB all along.

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk

black people always played QB growing up. they just used to get converted to WR in order to play in the NFL.

Trying to equate the two scenarios is stupid. At what point in NFL history did teams purposefully stop giving white players the opportunity to run the ball?

Trying to equate the two scenarios is stupid. At what point in NFL history did teams purposefully stop giving white players the opportunity to run the ball?

i mean people used to think black people were too stupid to play quarterback instead of judging each player individually.

you seem to think mccaffrey is too... unathletic i guess?... to play RB because he's white instead of judging the player individually.

you guys are using jack of all trades as a pejorative because you're assuming he's like a B- at 3 different things (rushing, recieving, ST). WRONG. LeBron is a jack of all trades because he's an A or A+ at everything. McCaffrey will be the LeBron of the NFL.

I hope this is true, but I have not smoked enough crack this morning to believe it.

Serious question, has there ever been a white RB that had objectively elite athleticism?

Nick Goings

PFF knows of what they speak:

Carolina Panthers
Round 1, pick No. 8: Christian McCaffrey, RB, Stanford

Panthers land ultimate modern weapon at No. 8
Christian McCaffrey was PFF’s top RB prospect in the draft, and the Panthers were able to hold tight and select him eighth overall. His running ability between the tackles is understated, as he is extremely patient setting up blocks; he forced a whopping 120 combined missed tackles the past two seasons for the Stanford Cardinal. What makes him truly the most dangerous offensive weapon in this class is his ability as a receiver, as he racked up 83 catches and another 35 forced missed tackles in 2015 and 2016. If that wasn’t enough, he is also a dynamic kick and punt returner. Expect to see McCaffrey toting the ball plenty on first and second downs, and starting out of the slot on third downs this fall. — Josh Liskiewitz, @PFF_Josh

i mean people used to think black people were too stupid to play quarterback instead of judging each player individually.

you seem to think mccaffrey is too... unathletic i guess?... to play RB because he's white instead of judging the player individually.

If there was a simple athleticism rubric for successful RBs then their wouldn't be so many freak athlete busts at RB. Of course I have no idea what individual attributes make someone an elite athlete, but what I do know is that there are very very few successful white players in a few specific NFL positions, and I refuse to believe that's because of lack of opportunity.

bmoney's question still stands. This is a bit of a special case

If there was a simple athleticism rubric for successful RBs then their wouldn't be so many freak athlete busts at RB. Of course I have no idea what individual attributes make someone an elite athlete, but what I do know is that there are very very few successful white players in a few specific NFL positions, and I refuse to believe that's because of lack of opportunity.

i'm sorry CMC doesn't fit your preconceived notions of a RB due to his skin color.

What's the chance he plays the majority of snaps in the slot, instead of rb?

The Pac 12 peeps around here all seem to think CMC will be a beast

What's the chance he plays the majority of snaps in the slot, instead of rb?

on running downs facing 7 man boxes he'll start off in a two man backfield with JStew, cam will then motion him into the slot to get a LBer on him. we'll use PA with Stew and CMC will absolutely break the LBs ankles because he's an ankle breaking fool, cam will hit him and then and DF07 will stand up and cheer from his seat as the racists around him say whites are superior RBs.

terrible takes from fear the deacon chin, which should also satisfy Ph's request for specific posts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back