• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2016 Panthers Thread: MOVING ON

Status
Not open for further replies.
people think we reached for CMC because they don't think he's a 3 down back. they drafted him as high as they did because they have a plan to have him on the field all the damn time, with and without JStew.

people think we reached for CMC because they don't think he's a 3 down back. they drafted him as high as they did because they have a plan to have him on the field all the damn time, with and without JStew.

The comparisons to McCoy have me excited to see what he can do.

I can't say I'd be super excited about a McCaffery/Melifonwu 1/2 draft. We are still only 1 year removed from a super bowl team, but if we can't fix our O-Line, we're right back where we were this past year. Like I've said before: fixing, or at least partially mending, our O-Line also gives us our MVP QB back. While there may not have been an OT worthy of the 8 pick in this year's draft, I think Robinson is absolutely worth the risk at 2.8.

DF07 must just be sitting in the wrong section, or he's going out of his way to look for it (in which case you'll usually find it).

The people in 533 are congenial AF

DF07 must just be sitting in the wrong section, or he's going out of his way to look for it (in which case you'll usually find it).

DF07 is the biggest racist/racebaiter on these boards and has been for years. Dude can't open a crayola box without saying something race-related. Just ignore it and move on.

What's it like up there ? Do you get vertigo ? Do they serve food ?

DF07 is the biggest racist/racebaiter on these boards and has been for years. Dude can't open a crayola box without saying something race-related. Just ignore it and move on.

shots-fired_new.jpg

We're going to take Obi and Tanoh

I wouldn't hate this. Although if safety was a priority, getting Hooker would have been pretty neat. I might prefer a more proven DE like Lawson or the KSU dude, but Tanoh's measurables could be too much to pass up.

Nobody is saying McCaffrey is a bad player, he is just not good enough to be the #8 pick, not even close. Secondly he is NOT a RB except in third and long situations, he is a slot receiver/punt returner. Third, he is TINY if you watched his interview last night, he is sub 200# and basically runs a 4.5 40 which is solid but certainly not speedy in the NFL. Well the dirty deed is done so I will just quit before I start with the fact he was picked because he is white and does a decent impression of the Ken doll All American boy. I hope I have to come back here and eat some crow but I seriously doubt it because he will not stay healthy as small as he is (5'11" 196lbs or so), especially returning kicks and punts where the guys coming down on him are 240 lb's and 220lb safeties

There is a whole lot of WRONG on here. I would of prefered taking Allen over McCaffrey, but let's not act like it was that much of a reach.

Dude is 5-11 or 6-0, 205 - racked up insane yardage in one of the few pro-style power offenses left in college football and was rated as one of the best slot receivers in the draft. He also should contribute plenty on special teams.

Acting like he's some 5-9, 170 scat back is f'ing stupid and just as stereotypical and racist as the people who assumed black QBs could never read a defense.

Nobody is saying McCaffrey is a bad player, he is just not good enough to be the #8 pick, not even close. Secondly he is NOT a RB except in third and long situations, he is a slot receiver/punt returner. Third, he is TINY if you watched his interview last night, he is sub 200# and basically runs a 4.5 40 which is solid but certainly not speedy in the NFL. Well the dirty deed is done so I will just quit before I start with the fact he was picked because he is white and does a decent impression of the Ken doll All American boy. I hope I have to come back here and eat some crow but I seriously doubt it because he will not stay healthy as small as he is (5'11" 196lbs or so), especially returning kicks and punts where the guys coming down on him are 240 lb's and 220lb safeties

Have you ever watched him play? He ran for over 2,000 yards in 2015, most of which were up the middle. He ran more between the tackles than almost any RB in the draft. I can understand questioning his ability to play the slot as he hasn't done it as much, but questioning his ability to play RB is just crazy. It isn't like he hasn't been hit by bigger players his entire college career. Hell, he went up against the #3 pick DT in the draft in practice every day.

So CMC is either Danny Woodhead, Darren Sproles, Reggie Bush, LeSean McCoy, or Marshall Faulk. He's gotta be one of the last two to be worth pick 1.8. Someone needs to sell him a TJDK t-shirt in Panthers colors.

The Panthers have a black QB, white RB, and Hispanic coach. Need one more for the mythical diversity friend group in college brochures.

Sounds like we agree we need a OT, S, and DE. Which can we get in R3? The others we get in R2.

I'm gonna tell y'all a story. I'm going to ask you to close your eyes. It's a story about a running back. Imagine he comes from an incredibly athletic family, with a grandfather that was one of the fastest men in the world, and father that played in the NFL, and a mother that was a college sports star. Imagine he's a high school All-American that goes to the Pac-12 and breaks every single NCAA yards record there is, both for a single season record and for back-to-back seasons... adding 31 TDs to boot. Imagine he had an incredible combine, including one of the fastest cone drills in the history of the combine where some of the most athletic humans on earth are tested every year. Imagine him being one of the best recieving running backs in the history of the NFL draft, where all scouts agreed he graded as a 1st round wide reciever based on his tape and showing at the combine. Imagine everyone associated with him his entire life from family and friends to coaches and teammates rave about character, work ethic and competitiveness to go along with a sterling silver background. Imagine he was one you the youngest players in the draft.

2.jpg

Now imagine he's black.

There is a whole lot of WRONG on here. I would of prefered taking Allen over McCaffrey, but let's not act like it was that much of a reach.

Dude is 5-11 or 6-0, 205 - racked up insane yardage in one of the few pro-style power offenses left in college football and was rated as one of the best slot receivers in the draft. He also should contribute plenty on special teams.

Acting like he's some 5-9, 170 scat back is f'ing stupid and just as stereotypical and racist as the people who assumed black QBs could never read a defense.

Yes, that stereotype all white RBs are scat backs. I agree that football players get pigeonholed into positions by race. But that's not what is happening here. This is about reaching for a RB at the 8th pick. We should be getting a guy who can be a stud for the next decade.

This is about McCaffrey's size and how he's been portrayed by the Panthers and scouts as a "jack of all trades" player. That rarely goes well. Do we really think a rookie RB is going to be an every down back, slot WR, and punt returner?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back