• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2016 Panthers Thread: MOVING ON

Status
Not open for further replies.
Teams fall in love with players and reach all the time no biggie. Every quarterback was a reach this year.

Like I said, he was the guy they wanted. They got him. Hope they are right. I'm skeptical. Prove me wrong.

I wonder if Jerry Richardson asked him about tattoos?

2017 Panthers Draft Thread

Teams have dumb reasons sometimes to draft players. The 49ers went with Alex Smith over Aaron Rodgers, in part, because Rodgers was cocky. That was pretty stupid.

I would be more ok with the pick if I didn't truly believe that the division got better than we did last night.

Thank race neutral Jesus we aren't the bears though.

Last edited:
Teams fall in love with players and reach all the time no biggie. Every quarterback was a reach this year.

Absolutely. Every 'expert' said there wasn't a first round quality QB. With the picks traded, at least one GM signed his death warrant last night, maybe a couple. Chicago's trade to move up 1 spot... Unreal.

Moving on to Day 2, ANY chance at all Bama Cam falls to #8 2nd round? Felt like there was a run on DE and TE late in the 1st both positions we were hoping to grab in 2nd. Maybe we can at least pick up the T we need.

Defs think cam gets racist shit but Luke is legit on a trajectory to be one of the best MLBs of all time. And everyone loves TD! Who doesn't like Thomas Davis?

I think everyone rightfully hates Bersin. I have never heard anyone liking Bersin. Maybe I've been out of the south too long and out of touch with rednecks.

yeah, you would never hear any racist comments North/West of the Mason Dixon...

Every time we play an NFC East team in BoA, it's basically an NFCE game.

If we can get Bama Cam, I would be thrilled. I'm worried that random Ramczyk pick by the Saints will put more pressure on other teams atop the 2nd round to go ahead and take the last "highly" rated OT.

SI seems to think it's possible though: https://mmqb.si.com/mmqb/2017/04/28/nfl-draft-friday-day-2-rounds-2-3-mock-draft

Although, I'm a little hesitant to take anything that column says seriously considering they wrote this about Jake Butt going to the Cowboys at 92:

No. 92 Dallas Cowboys: Jake Butt, TE, Michigan
Dallas fans will love this pick. Butt is a top talent whose draft stock was derailed by a bowl game injury. Once he’s healthy, he could be the Jason Witten heir apparent.

:rolleyes:

I like Butt as much as anybody, but if he's going to be the next Jason Witten, then we should be taking him at 64, or should have taken him at 8 for that matter.

Last edited:
i couldn't talk myself into zeller, railed against it before during and after... but to his credit he ended up being better than i thought he would be.

BUT i will be the Arlington of the CMC pick. Love it!

Apparently Rivera said we had significant interests in trades for #8. Other than Denver, was anyone going to take CMC before say 14-16? I would love the pick if we got him while trading back.

I wouldn't mind that.

I want Bucky Hodges in the 3rd

I'd be OK with Hodges. Also wouldn't mind getting Butt, half because I can think he can be Olsen-lite, and half because of the puns. I want the puns. Oh and he's now sponsored by Charmin, which is hilarious.

Also, why is Dede Westbrook so far down on draft boards? If he's still there late 3rd/4th/5th I'd scoop him. Dude is a flat out playmaker.

I think a good prop bet for this season is o/u number of games someone other than Stew or CMC starts at RB. I'd set it at 2.5.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back