• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2016 Panthers Thread: MOVING ON

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd be OK with Hodges. Also wouldn't mind getting Butt, half because I can think he can be Olsen-lite, and half because of the puns. I want the puns. Oh and he's now sponsored by Charmin, which is hilarious.

Also, why is Dede Westbrook so far down on draft boards? If he's still there late 3rd/4th/5th I'd scoop him. Dude is a flat out playmaker.

Wouldn't mind Westbrook either. Also J Legget is still around at TE

Apparently Rivera said we had significant interests in trades for #8. Other than Denver, was anyone going to take CMC before say 14-16? I would love the pick if we got him while trading back.

I was quite annoyed we didn't even listen to offers. We put in the pick almost as soon as we went on the clock. There were 3-4 guys on the board that we would have been very happy getting at #8. Why not consider dropping down. They must have REALLY wanted CMC. Another couple picks in this draft would have been nice.

Do we know what the offers were?

Idk if we do or not, but it probably wouldn't be good diplomacy to make trade negotiations public just to satiate fan curiosity. Not only would it undermine our own GM, but it would likely irritate whomever we were in negotiations with if we said "yeah, team X didn't want player Y, they really wanted player Z, but we wouldn't trade with them, so they were stuck with player Y."

Last edited:
G-Man has still yet to trade down in his career. Does not seem like his thing

Idk if we do or not, but it probably wouldn't be good diplomacy to make trade negotiations public just for fan curiosity. Not only would it undermine our own GM, but it would likely irritate whomever we were in negotiations with.

I guess my thought is if they were offers from KC/Houston looking for QBs those would have been a good haul over the long term, but we would have dropped way down in the round. Didn't seem like there were teams in the 14-16 range looking to move to 8

CMC's floor was 14. Philly loved him as much as us. There were rumors earlier in the day that the Colts were looking to move in front of Philly to draft CMC in case the Panthers didn't take him.

In 18 months most of you complaining mofos will have this shirt.

RUN_CMC-White-on-Blue-Comp_1024x1024.png

Love a good polarizing pick. Are you #teamfyc or #teamdf07? Cause fyc is all the fuck in on CMC.

CMC's floor was 14. Philly loved him as much as us. There were rumors earlier in the day that the Colts were looking to move in front of Philly to draft CMC in case the Panthers didn't take him.

In 18 months most of you complaining mofos will have this shirt.

RUN_CMC-White-on-Blue-Comp_1024x1024.png

Ordered. Too bad no kids sizes.

Draft Cook then CMC to the slot :plos:

I wouldn't be shocked if Gman did this. It would lock up our backfield for the future and we could utilize them both at the same time either in 2 back formations or putting CMC in the slot like you said.

Love a good polarizing pick. Are you #teamfyc or #teamdf07? Cause fyc is all the fuck in on CMC.

this may take me down the way zeller took down arlington. i remember him selling me on zeller being a stretch 4 with a youtube clip of him draining 3s in an empty gym (he's 2/13 from 3 in 4 seasons).

fun CMC fact! he's the first Carolina Panther younger than the franchise itself!

Last edited:
Love the idea of drafting Cook and moving CMC to the slot. Also love the idea of getting BamaCam. I suspect that neither will happen and we'll end up with yet another DT or LB at 2.8. This is Gman after all.

Wouldn't mind Westbrook either. Also J Legget is still around at TE

NFL.com has us taking Westbrook at 40. Now that would be a reach, I'd think.

Also has us taking David Sharpe from Florida at 64, which I'd like, and Carl Lawson in the 3rd, which I'd really like.

@JoshNorris
The Panthers reportedly hosted Derek Rivers for a visit during the process.
Would be an incredible pick at No. 40

@JoshNorris
Likeliest picks for the #Panthers at No. 40, no order:

Cam Robinson
Obi Melifonwu
Josh Jones
Derek Rivers
Tanoh Kpassagnon
Zay Jones
Basham

Status
Not open for further replies.