• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2016 Panthers Thread: MOVING ON

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the Seahawks will miss Lynch, too. Their OL isn't that great, and not sure any successor can replicate Beastmode's toughness (extra yards and maintain health). I predict that Seattle will become more of a passing team - good news to Russell Wilson, Lockett, and Baldwin owners. I STILL don't know why they traded for Jimmy Graham.

I find it hard to be that bullish on the Seahawks or the Cardinals. Maybe I'm just tainted by the can of whoopass the Panthers laid on them.

That article got me thinking if 4-3 DE was the next position in line for such an evolution. We've seen RB and TE evolve on offense and the article is about LB. Looking back, perhaps a player with the size and athleticism of Aaron Curry (6-3/250) would be better served at DE focused on rushing the passer and stopping the rush while using his coverage skills in the occasional zone look. Perhaps 4-3 DE will look more like a rush OLB out of a 3-4.

Garrett and Cash both seem to be getting better very quickly

I do wonder if Garrett will clear waivers, doesn't seem to be room for him on the roster

I'd expect Cash to make the roster assuming he does well on special teams, but that's a ton of LBs. Our second string LBs are probably an upgrade to lots of teams starters between Klein, Mayo and Cash.

I think the Seahawks will miss Lynch, too. Their OL isn't that great, and not sure any successor can replicate Beastmode's toughness (extra yards and maintain health). I predict that Seattle will become more of a passing team - good news to Russell Wilson, Lockett, and Baldwin owners. I STILL don't know why they traded for Jimmy Graham.

Graham got a little more settled in as the year went along last year, before he got hurt. They were a little confused with their identity last year adding him, losing Lynch for a while and losing their DC before the year as well. That should be less of a problem this year.

Their OL lacks talent unquestionably but it rounded into form last year, at least until a certain playoff game. I think they're our biggest threat

Keeping Garrett would likely involve Byrd and Garrett beating out Bersin, Hill, and Norwood (Byrd is pretty much a lock) to make 6 WR. Bersin's injury may make this more likely.

Keeping Cash would mean keeping 6 LB which is a lot considering TD and Luke rarely come off the field. I'm all for giving TD fewer reps to keep him fresh and having depth behind him just in case.

I'm starting to wonder if the Panthers will drop Joe Webb. He has been a valuable JOAT, but it would be worth clearing his spot to secure a legit return man in Byrd or a promising WR of the future in Garrett or a potential special teams stud and future OLB starter in Cash.

My best guess is that they keep Webb at QB3, keep Cash, keep Byrd, and roll the dice with Garrett on the practice squad.

Regardless, this is going to be a very young team. Even the olds on this team aren't that old. TD is 33, but he's a cyborg. Big Money is 30. Oher is 30. Kalil is 31. Coleman is the old man in the secondary at 28. TD and DA may be the oldest players on the roster.

Last edited:
I'm really wary of not carrying three QBs. Anything can happen and happen fast. Anderson started two games in 2015.

Who was the last QB we even had in camp that wasn't Cam, DA, or Webb? I know they have been the only three for the last two Spartanburg sessions.

I think 2014 in Webb's first year. I think there was a UFA competing for a spot but I don't remember his name.

Found it. Matt Blanchard. He wasn't a UFA. He had been on the Bears practice squad.

I did find some 2014 depth charts and man, it really hits home how much more talented this team is than just 2 seasons ago.

Last edited:
How are most people saying the NFC will fall? Is it:

1) Arizona
2) Green Bay
3) Seattle
4) Carolina

The little bit of reading I've done seems to have the Panthers regressing and everyone getting better, to the point that we fall pretty far. I'm stunned that some people are thinking we'd fall all the way to the fourth best team in the NFC. Although I will say, the top 4 in the NFC seem to be some of the strongest teams in the NFL.

Per 5 Dimes, Super Bowl winner odds:

Seattle Seahawks
+850
Green Bay Packers
+925
Carolina Panthers
+975
Arizona Cardinals
+1150

Pats are joint faves with Seattle, Stillers between us and Zona at +1000

The secondary is ridiculously young. Makes sense to kick some tires.

Whitner can't play CB tho

I wonder if Tre isn't living up to expectations

Whitner can't play CB tho

I wonder if Tre isn't living up to expectations

Was thinking the same thing about Tre.

Could also be cause Trenton Robinson might be out the season with a pec injury.

This is about safety depth. I like Colin Jones and I'm not excited about him being the first backup. And Dean Marlowe?

Keep in mind if Bene moves back outside, Jones probably is the nickel backup.

I think Whitner upgrades our secondary, he'd essentially replace Roman who sucked donkey dick

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back