• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2016 Panthers Thread: MOVING ON

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some of the beat writers thought Deaver would possibly beat out some of the other TEs.

The surprise is that he got cut before the Aussie Rules player at TE.

Biff rejoices!

giphy.gif

Yeah. I guess if you're putting a TE on the practice squad, it's the one who is 6-7/260 who could punt in a pinch.

We just traded a 2018 4th round pick for Cleveland punter Andy Lee. Not great.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Although my browns fan friend says Andy Lee was prob their best player

We probably were going to draft one in round 6 or so this year, no? Seems like a 4 two years in advance for a proven commodity is dece.

Yikes didn't realize he was already 34. For some reason I thought he was young.

What was so bad about our old punter ? Andy Lee's going to cost us more than the Jaguars are paying Nortman.

Well the average draft position for a punter in the last 20 years is roughly the 6th round and less than half the current punters have ever been drafted. More importantly the Browns get more draft capital, the 76ers of the NFL now have 2 firsts, 2 seconds, 1 third, 4 fourths, 3 fifths, 1 sixth and 1 seventh.

2016/2017 Panthers Thread: PUNTER TRADE

With GMan's track record, quality of picks beats quantity of picks. May as well get two years of value ahead of the pick rather than derail a possible Super Bowl season over punting. Also, GMan is probably counting on getting a compensatory pick when AJ Klein leaves as a UFA next year anyway. So this trade doesn't cost much.

Last edited:
With GMan's track record, quality of picks beats quantity of picks. May as well get two years of value ahead of the pick rather than derail a possible Super Bowl season over punting. Also, GMan is probably counting on getting a compensatory pick when AJ Klein leaves as a UFA next year anyway. So this trade doesn't cost much.

Yep, it wasn't that much to give away when you think about it. 2018 4th rounder = 2017 5th rounder. And if you take into account where each team will likely finish, we're talking about a late 5th round pick for an early 7th pick and supposedly one of the best at a position of huge need. Also need to throw in the fact we should be getting a 3rd round compensatory pick for Norman next year. With our talented roster, we wouldn't be able to keep everyone we draft. Gettleman has shown that the last few years with his trades to move up during the draft. Quality >> quantity with this team. It's a great move.

2016/2017 Panthers Thread: PUNTER TRADE

A Pro Bowl punter and a high 7th rounder for a 4th rounder in two years. Just a perfect deal.

SC, good post. I wonder if 2017 is the year GMan goes all out to draft the LT he wants. It would take something like two 1st, a 2nd, and a 3rd to get the lower of the Browns two 1st round picks.

Trevor Siemien will be the Broncos starting QB next Thursday. This is going to be great.

Here's a question. If the Cowboys offer a 4th round pick for DA, do you take it? How about a 3rd?

I wouldn't but I could understand.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back