• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2016 Panthers Thread: MOVING ON

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Cowboys are all in on Prescott and I still wouldn't do it. DA has been a great backup.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A Pro Bowl punter and a high 7th rounder for a 4th rounder in two years. Just a perfect deal.

SC, good post. I wonder if 2017 is the year GMan goes all out to draft the LT he wants. It would take something like two 1st, a 2nd, and a 3rd to get the lower of the Browns two 1st round picks.

Trevor Siemien will be the Broncos starting QB next Thursday. This is going to be great.

Here's a question. If the Cowboys offer a 4th round pick for DA, do you take it? How about a 3rd?

I wouldn't but I could understand.

How comfortable are you with Webb as backup? DA has been a good backup in this system. If Webb is ready, there may be value in that trade

You guys are really laying the sunshine on hard. The panthers made the trade because the punter they had and wanted was injured, the 49ers drafted him for a 6th rounder, the Browns got him for a 7th rounder and just turned that into a 4th rounder. Overall you never want to have punting be a weak link but a 4th rounder is pretty significant capital.

I can live without a 4th-rounder as we go for our 3-peat, NFC 4-peat and NFC South 6-peat

You guys are really laying the sunshine on hard. The panthers made the trade because the punter they had and wanted was injured, the 49ers drafted him for a 6th rounder, the Browns got him for a 7th rounder and just turned that into a 4th rounder. Overall you never want to have punting be a weak link but a 4th rounder is pretty significant capital.

Sure. But the alternative was to try to make a Super Bowl run with Redfern or an injured veteran or someone off the street.

There are about 90-100 picks between a low 4th and a high 7th. That's a reasonable price to pay for a 3 time Pro Bowl punter especially when we are going to get at least one compensatory pick in those two drafts.

A Pro Bowl punter and a high 7th rounder for a 4th rounder in two years. Just a perfect deal.

SC, good post. I wonder if 2017 is the year GMan goes all out to draft the LT he wants. It would take something like two 1st, a 2nd, and a 3rd to get the lower of the Browns two 1st round picks.

Trevor Siemien will be the Broncos starting QB next Thursday. This is going to be great.

Here's a question. If the Cowboys offer a 4th round pick for DA, do you take it? How about a 3rd?

I wouldn't but I could understand.

No way.

Cam's an Ironman, but he's still a starting QB in the NFL. Injury is always eminent and you need a solid backup who can keep you from losing three straight games when the starter goes down. Joe Webb is not a #2 QB.

No super bowl run this year. Had your chance last year when all you had to do was beat noodle arm and shit the bed. This is the year of the little guys finally breaking in.

Which little guys?

So it was wide open for us last year, and it's wide open for anyone now? Not sure I see the difference, but OK

I will agree it's unlikely we'll ever get a better chance to win a title than we did last year. The Wake Forest fan in me generally overwhelms objective thought, and I do think the Panthers are a great team right now, but people are sleeping on this schedule. This year's schedule is night and day compared to last season. Winning 11 games would be a tremendous accomplishment. Getting a bye would be amazing.

I will agree it's unlikely we'll ever get a better chance to win a title than we did last year. The Wake Forest fan in me generally overwhelms objective thought, and I do think the Panthers are a great team right now, but people are sleeping on this schedule. This year's schedule is night and day compared to last season. Winning 11 games would be a tremendous accomplishment. Getting a bye would be amazing.

While I agree with all of this, it also doesn't mean we can't win a road game or two in the playoffs. Does suck we have to go to Seattle in the reg season since that game could easily end up being a tiebreaker once all is said and done

Maybe - prior to the season last year we thought there was a 4-5 game stretch from hell that loosened up once the season got going

One could argue that we've got a relatively easy path to 5-1 before we play the Cardinals

Looking at the schedule now though, it does seem like we play every good team in the league this season

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back