• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2016 U.S. Open Contest - NjDeac77 WINS!

We only have two different guys. You have Cabrera & Knox. I have English & Casey.

I was between Westwood, Casey & Horschel for my 4th guy. Hated not to take Westwood, because he is about my favorite player. He's been money at the Masters for the last 9 years, making the cut every year and with finishes of 3, 2, 11, 3, 8, 7, 2...but I decided that Casey was a better pick for this course. I would still love to see Westwood win the tournament, though.

I don't think someone who has no short game is going to win this US Open, and I avoided Westwood because of it.

Casey is a really good pick. I've got him in a Draftkings pool.

Casey's recent form has suuuuuuucked though

Tieffy is a good value play

It's an interesting question.

If the greens are VERY difficult, do you want to include guys that are very good putters because they can pick up strokes against the field on the greens, or accept that everyone will suck at putting and grab the better tee-to-green guys?

Casey's recent form has suuuuuuucked though

Tieffy is a good value play

He played well in the 2 tournaments that mattered in the last few months: The Masters and The Players.

Plus I would enjoy the story if he won and still wasn't eligible for the Euro Ryder Cup team.

If the greens are VERY difficult, do you want to include guys that are very good putters because they can pick up strokes against the field on the greens, or accept that everyone will suck at putting and grab the better tee-to-green guys?

That is a good question. Angel Cabrera wasn't known as a savant on the greens when he won there.

Looks like I'm glad I didn't pick Grillo, but not so happy about Chappell. He's done well in the US Opens in which he's played. I took Westwood over him.

Day
Rory
DJ
Westwood
NA
Els

Build a lineup with the bombers who are great until they have to pull the putter (DJ, Glover, Etc)

But it needs to rain a lot

Last edited:
He played well in the 2 tournaments that mattered in the last few months: The Masters and The Players.

Plus I would enjoy the story if he won and still wasn't eligible for the Euro Ryder Cup team.

Meh, when you play DFS golf you have to take into account all recent form

I wanted Kucher and 2 top guys and thought RCB was a great value at 125. Reason I took Casy is I needed someone in the 70-100 range, and his driving stats are great - hits a lot of fairways and is reasonably long. Also always liked the guy.

That is a good question. Angel Cabrera wasn't known as a savant on the greens when he won there.

Casey was 10th at Oakmont in 2007.

(And good point about playing well in the big tournaments, as opposed to regular weekly events. Takes a special mindset & mental toughness to play well in the biggies.)

I'd give $100 to see Westwood win the tournament...and he isn't even on my team this time. The guy deserves a major. He has 9 top-3 finishes.

I'd give $100 to see Westwood win the tournament...and he isn't even on my team this time. The guy deserves a major. He has 9 top-3 finishes.

Same w DJ, and Day and Phil (at the US open specifically)

I wanted Kucher and 2 top guys and thought RCB was a great value at 125. Reason I took Casy is I needed someone in the 70-100 range, and his driving stats are great - hits a lot of fairways and is reasonably long. Also always liked the guy.

I can't stand his LPGA follow through.

Can we end it now? I'm even par. I'd take that on Sunday and RUN. :)

Five of my guys aren't anywhere near teeing off. I don't know when, or if they will. I don't know what that means. At least maybe they won't have to go through the stop and go bullshit of the early guys.

Back