• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2016 U.S. Open Contest - NjDeac77 WINS!

Can we talk about how awful the "blade" collars look on the Nike gear their players are wearing this week?

nike-mm-fly-blade-collar-rory-mcilroy.jpg

I can't stand his LPGA follow through.

I watch a fair amount of LPGA, but you've still lost me. What is his LPGA follow through?

Edited to add, do you mean a rather pronounced reverse C ending up kinda around the shoulders?

Last edited:
I watch a fair amount of LPGA, but you've still lost me. What is his LPGA follow through?

That move where he chases his right side through the ball is so reminiscent of a lot of female golfers trying to squeeze extra yards out of the ball.

That move where he chases his right side through the ball is so reminiscent of a lot of female golfers trying to squeeze extra yards out of the ball.

How is that different from say a McIlroy? (To the extent I'm getting your point.)

My fav on the practice tee these days is the kid with the Fowler clothes, ear buds and false finish.

It's a quirk I like to pick on. That kosher? :willynilly:

Oh absolutely. I love playing and watching, but I'm a mediocre 12-13 handicap. So whenever 1 of you good golfers is saying something I don't get, I want to understand what you're saying.

What happened to Luke Donald? He was really good and sucks really bad now.

He had 1 super year. But he's short off the tee and not accurate like say a Zach Johnson, so he's not the type of guy who's going to contend in majors. I'd add that his 1 great year was before a lot of the current greats burst onto the scene and a couple of the slightly older guys like Bubba and DJ stepped their games up - so in between the end of Tiger's run and the Rory/Jason/Jordan era.

Bryson Dechambeau (/) showed what this course can do. He was at -3 and is now over par.

Yeah, no other course could do that. Great point.

You're right the last time they played there the winner had a score of +5. There were only six players who came in under +10.

You need to get the RJ stick out of your ass. The way act time and again, you'd think I boinked your wife on your wedding day and every month since. Get over it.

The weather will make the ground softer and the rough tougher, but will it slow down the greens?

The weather will make the ground softer and the rough tougher, but will it slow down the greens?

If it's too wet to mow them overnight it will.

The players who will go 36 tomorrow are going to have a huge advantage.

2016 U.S. Open Contest - Entries due 6/16 6:45am EST

The greens were already pushing 15. They'll cut them in the morning, and they might be a touch slower but nothing significant in my opinion. The big difference to me is how you need to play your approach shots. Normally, you're landing them short of the green and praying they don't roll through. Now, the guys will be able to be a little more precise with their drives and approaches. For most of tomorrow, anyway. I have a feeling it'll be dried out by Saturday afternoon and all of Sunday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would expect the rough to be longer and thicker and the fairways to be softer so run-outs will be shorter. The main difference, however, maybe the receptivity of the greens.

Back