• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2017 Football Recruiting

Great! Finishing strong, clearly we have momentum. I'd like to see multiple consensus 4stars commit in the '18 cycle

Can't understate the importance of this weekend.

Raheem Layne rolls into Winston-Salem with 5 P5 offers in the last 30 days. A nasty, physical DB.

Waydale has more beast potential than any WR recruit in the Clawson era, and sets up a big head-to-head with Vandy (Traveon Redd and Taleni Suhren say "hello"!).

Demetris Harris' visit gives Wake a rare second opportunity at a recruit that was probably the top target for a stretch in the summer and would be the most highly touted OL in the class.

AND HAVE YOU WATCHED BURLEY'S HIGHLIGHTS?

LETS. DO. THIS. Go Deacs!

What does the Taylor and other DB's commits mean for the two DBs visiting this weekend and Avery Showell?

I think we need as many strong DBs as we can get. Between the attrition of graduation and guys like Okonye packing up early than may have been expected we have some slots to fill in the depth chart. Plus, I'm still not convinced the young guys we already have couldn't be beaten out by more talented guys down the road. So bring in as many as we can take since I wouldn't say our strength on our defense is the DBs aside from Bates. Having a guy with a proven track record on putting players in the league like Sawvel can't hurt.

Waydale has more beast potential than any WR recruit in the Clawson era, and sets up a big head-to-head with Vandy (Traveon Redd and Taleni Suhren say "hello"!).

Pour one out for my boi Kam Uter.

What does the Taylor and other DB's commits mean for the two DBs visiting this weekend and Avery Showell?

I think Layne is the only DB visiting this weekend, or am I forgetting someone?

Obviously I don't know the exact scholarship situation but I really, really doubt that they bring Layne here if he doesn't have a committable offer when he arrives on campus. In fact I would like to think that they wouldn't have accepted a commit from Ja'Sir so close to Layne's visit if it was going to close out his spot. Not fair to Layne. He made a commitment to visit Wake over other opportunities. I think they would have forced Ja'Sir to make up his mind earlier.

I think the bigger question is whether Layne is now competing for a first-come, first-served BPA spot. So hard to tell.

My Crystal Ball says Showell to GT. That's what I'm reading from the GT side. Just don't write that down in pen just yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thorny: Are you okay?
College Boy 2: Yeah, sure.
Thorny: Yes sir?
College Boy 2: Yes sir.
Thorny: No, did you say "yes sir."?
Rabbit: I think he said "yeah, sure."
College Boy 1: What'd you say man?
College Boy 2: When I said, "yeah, sure", but what... literally what I said was "yeah, sure, sir."
Thorny: So you are okay then?

Thorny: Are you okay?
College Boy 2: Yeah, sure.
Thorny: Yes sir?
Thorny: No, did you say "yes sir."?
Rabbit: I think he said "yeah, sure."
College Boy 1: What'd you say man?
College Boy 2: When I said, "yeah, sure", but what... literally what I said was "yeah, sure, sir."
Thorny: So you are okay then?

HE CAN'T PULL OVER ANY FARTHER

Back